New "Drug": Bath Salts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    You can still buy it, just in very trivial and ridiculous amounts.

True but you also have to give the government your information so they track/limit you, or risk arrest for having "too much" thanks to the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act.

I liked it better when I could just walk in and grab some Sudafed off the shelf pay and walk out. I eat the stuff like candy when I'm sick and this new stuff just ain't the same.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    True but you also have to give the government your information so they track/limit you, or risk arrest for having "too much" thanks to the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act.

I liked it better when I could just walk in and grab some Sudafed off the shelf pay and walk out. I eat the stuff like candy when I'm sick and this new stuff just ain't the same.

in Mississippi you have to have a prescription now for anything with pseudoephedrine or ephedrine in it.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    St,Tammy DA and Sheriff was on the news last week asking stores to remove it from shelves .It is also known as cloud 9. We talked about it to our teenagers at church last week . Since it legal to sell you must educate young ones what it will do to a body.

theHelix

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    New Orleans
    A number of guys at my work like this stuff. There are other ways of ingesting it outside of snorting. I have heard of mixing it with water and drinking it, smoking it, and shooting it. One guy I know has been on it hard for the last two weeks and you can already see a difference in him. It seems to have already fried his brain.

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    Excerpt from email received in October...

This is just an FYI on a new synthetic drug that is starting to be seen in the New Orleans area. We have had 2 cases in the past few days at LSU Interim Public Hospital.

The drug is marketed and sold as “Bath Salts.” It can be smoked, snorted, injected, etc. It is a mixture of synthetic cocaine and synthetic MDMA (ecstasy). We don’t know a whole lot about it yet, but it is a sympathomimetic toxidrome - much like an amphetamine or cocaine ingestion but may last many hours. It is treated like any sympathomimetic toxidrome – supportive care, IV fluids, and benzodiazepines.

I am not aware of any OD on the Northshore...YET

If this is made illegal, someone will come up with a chemical concoction that mimick the same effect without using the illegal constituents.

You can only protect people from themselves so far. Maybe it is time to stand back and allow natural selection to take place, but who is going to pick up the bill?:rolleyes:

Steve

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Our day shift arrested a guy on this crap Friday afternoon, walking around with a gun in his pocket claiming people were trying to kill him and he would have to use his gun soon. On Saturday he was still whacked out and nutted up in the jail, got tased after ripping the bolted down fingerprint station off the booking counter and going after the jailers. Sunday afternoon, when seemingly ready to be bonded out, he was brought to the lobby to the bondsman but then took off without completing any bond paperwork, chased down four blocks later and brought back to jail.

Last night an idiot driving a shoplift getaway ran into a ditch, and apparently he had been using this sh!t, too.

Today they got another guy on this crap, causing problems at an apartment complex and nearby gas station, again with the "people messin' with me" paranoia routine.

I'll never understand how some people can be so idiotic and put obviously ridiculous chemical concoctions into their bodies, but there has to be a limit to what we try to outlaw to protect people from themselves. I've caught teenagers with Glade aerosol air freshener, top broken off and huffing directly through a balled up t-shirt. How many products are we supposed to make illegal just to TRY to keep them out of the hands of ignorant fu@ks who are perfectly willing to risk death in such a manner? I say let them remove themselves from the herd, better grazing for the rest of us.

Ben Draughn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Hickory LA
    the problem we have in this world is to many warning labels if we didn't have some many warning labels unintelligent people would not live long enough to reproduce.

solomon1979

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    These aren't bath salts at all. They are designer drugs developed by actual scientists. The USA is actually a bit late to the party, since Europe has already been dealing with these same drugs for several years now. Cloud 9 is a substance known as MDPV and it is sold in 200mg packets. The problem is MDPV is active at a mere 2mg and 20mg is enough to make you feel like you are having an anxiety attack. As it wears off, the user will feel even worse anxiety during the next several hours as the body adjusts to the off the chart dopamine levels. The only proven antidotes being beta blockers, antipsychotics, and benzodiazepines. Kush Blitz is actually a substance known as mephadrone. This product can be ingested at much larger amounts (about a gram a day) and will actually produce a feeling of euphoria and is less likely to make the user go without sleep for several days after a single packet. It probably is the more pleasureable of the two and the less likelier bath salt to end in psychosis. Oh, and the fake weed is actually just an herbal smoke blend sprayed with synthetic THC varients. As the government bans a THC varient the companies use a new one to replace the illegal chemical. They aren't mexican dirt weed and a single hit can get you high, so uneducated users who try and smoke an entire packet in a sitting usually end up in the hospital. Mostly because they couldn't handle their ****.

Top Bottom