New executive orders from Obama Administration

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ma-to-impose-new-gun-control-curbs-next-week/

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/obama-guns-gun-control-217234

Sounds like it might be a rough start to the New Year. No formal announcement yet, but it seems like we can expect

- Tightened definition of what it meands to "be engaged in the businesss" of selling firearms. Sounds like requiring small time sellers to be licensed.

- Reporting requirements for dealers to report stolen guns, guns lost in transit to buyers, or guns missing from inventory.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    He can't do to much but there will be a little. I think it will only really effect the guys who are in fact in the business of selling used guns for profit and don't have an FFL.

But 2016 will be an interesting year and probably 2017 as well. Personally I think the democrats will win the white house again, In fact I'd bet on it. The oil industry will continue to worsen and the impact will start to effect the production side of the industry more than it has been. Louisiana's economy is basically doomed. Terrorist attacks will not improve. Public mass shootings will likely continue because people are just miserable.

Happy New Year everybody!! If you're working save you're money.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...But 2016 will be an interesting year and probably 2017 as well. Personally I think the democrats will win the white house again, In fact I'd bet on it. The oil industry will continue to worsen and the impact will start to effect the production side of the industry more than it has been. Louisiana's economy is basically doomed. Terrorist attacks will not improve. Public mass shootings will likely continue because people are just miserable...

Sadly, I think you're right in each prediction!

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I think the oil industry will protect itself. All they have to do is say -- our profits do not justify keeping all these refineries open -- stop production of refined petroleum and drive up the price at the pump -- yes the workers and the LA economy will be hurt but corporate/stockholders will survive the storm.

As far as the gun laws -- I have to say I actually agree with having some sort of oversight on the buying/selling of firearms and reporting of stolen fire arms -- that's not necessarily a bad thing. As long as they are not ultimately stopping you from purchase or selling I don't give a cr@p.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    "Obama continued. *I get letters from responsible gun owners who grieve with us every time these tragedies happen; who share my belief that the Second Amendment guarantees a right to bear arms; and who share my belief we can protect that right while keeping an irresponsible, dangerous few from inflicting harm on a massive scale.*"

Since I haven't sent him a letter calling for tighter gun controls, I must be an irresponsible gun owner. Oh well!

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    As far as the gun laws -- I have to say I actually agree with having some sort of oversight on the buying/selling of firearms and reporting of stolen fire arms -- that's not necessarily a bad thing. As long as they are not ultimately stopping you from purchase or selling I don't give a cr@p.[/QUOTE]

The problem lies within giving people an inch. Why should the federal government dictate, the selling of firearms? Has anyone ever compared how firearms end up in the wrong hands, theft vs straw purchases? I'm willing to bet straw purchases numbers are small in the grand scheme of things. Most illegal bulk gun sales are done at the ffl level not by private citizens. If a citizen were to legally pass backgound checks and buy 20 plus firearms a year, for a few years, they would get the visit.

this is just a initial step. To take away our rights.
    Shall not be infringed. Means don't change / mess with it, in anyway or form.

cjnspecial

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is a backdoor to create a national gun sales database. When it doesn't make any difference in curbing gun violence they will say it's because people need to register ALL their guns....It's a slippery slope.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I can not support anything proposed by a commie loving crackpot. I would like to all of these Nazi inspired laws repealed. Obama loves gun laws, so that is good enough for me to oppose them.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Do not give an inch.

I'm old enough to remember what it was like before the 1968 Gun Control Act. You could order a gun through the Sears Roebuck catalog and it would be delivered to your door, along with a couple shirts and a dress tie. Common practice for my father and I would be to load up the station wagon on Sunday morning with armfuls of rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Head out to the drive in theater and proceed to barter, sell, trade and do business in a legal product.

By giving in to 'just this little bit of inconvenience' you are falling into the hands of the anti-gun crowd. Think they are going to stop after this round? Of course not. The far left will not be happy till total civilian disarmament is a fact. Tiny chip by tiny chip they will continue till they hit the end game.

We have already gone too far in giving up our liberties. Stop now and draw the line in the sand.

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    In 2013 there were lots of calls for a national conversation for compromise. We got nothing offered for it to actually be compromise. They want no compromise, only incrementalism to outright gun banning and confiscation. Let the lawsuits commence when he tries to establish this through executive order AKA edict.

Ask anyone that supports these infringements thinking they will stop mass shootings to explain how a mass shooting that has happened would have been stopped by the proposed policy. Most of the mass shooters got their firearms from a regular gun shop passing a background check. The other mass shooters, broke a law already in place. The San Bernadino shooters did a straw purchase and, IIIRC, they would have passed a background check regardless.

BTW, please take note of the misrepresentations in the Washington Post article such as inferring that online gun sales don't undergo a NCIC check. That is deliberate to get the ill informed thinking a certain way.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    It is, and always has been simple enough to stop all this nonsense. They can't be worked with, reasoned with, or negotiated with. They have to be DEFEATED soundly and entirely at the ballot box. It is their only fear. Any other solution is a win for them.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    As previously stated, most think that this is a minor or it doesn't effect them. Please read the history of gun acts/laws in our country. Every and any gun act effects the law abiding citizens, and none of the acts truly abolished gun violence. ..
    Will a 17 year old with an hi point care about registered gun sales? It hinders the good citizens. Let's look at the 164 murders in new orleans. How many straw purchased ar15 were used.
    These laws, bills, and executive orders are designed to disarm the good people, by saying it's going to make our society better.
    Shall not be infringed!!!

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    There is no "gun control" movement, there is only a "gun confiscation" movement. That's what they want, that's what they have always been working towards. I think it's foolish, dangerous even, for anyone who owns a gun to ever use the words "gun control" when it just plays into the propaganda of the confiscationists.

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    Like Ellis, I can remember what things were like before the GCA of 1968. They've been dickin around with this issue for nearly 50yrs and nothing they do makes things better, only worse. Does anyone actually believe they are TRYING to make things better? If so, I got some Jim Jones Kool-Aid I'll sell real cheap. You simply can't legislate good behavior. There will always be humans beings that disregard the law and society. The best plan is to remove those from the gene pool.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    Like Ellis, I can remember what things were like before the GCA of 1968. They've been dickin around with this issue for nearly 50yrs and nothing they do makes things better, only worse. Does anyone actually believe they are TRYING to make things better? If so, I got some Jim Jones Kool-Aid I'll sell real cheap. You simply can't legislate good behavior. There will always be humans beings that disregard the law and society. The best plan is to remove those from the gene pool.

Exactly, do NFA laws prevent a criminal from placing a vertical grip on an ak / ar pistol? or hindered the same (type of persons) from taping an anarchist suppressor to a gun barrel?
    if you create a system, that monitors any and every transaction, you increase the cost of illegal firearm, It will not reduce the criminal demand for weapons.
    The only way to truly deter violent crimes, is to arm all citizens.
    Shall not be infringed!!!!

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I think that it just comes down to "Feel Good" politics that the American people will soon forget about and it will then be practically impossible to retract at a later time. I was extremely surprised when the Brady Bill was allowed to expire but, again, that occurred under a Republican administration. How long will it be before they deny us the ability to use classified outlets such as BS and LS? I think that it's just a matter of time before ALL firearm transactions will have to take place with the assistance of a FFL holder with a new 5 page 4473 that will require the cataloging and updating of said catalog of all of the firearms that we own. Am I crazy? Overreacting?

Top Bottom