New from Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhambeaux

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Lafayette, LA
    Whats up guys, I currently reside in Lafayette (hate it). I'm not at all new to shooting, ive been hunting since i was knee high to a grasshopper.
    I have served in Iraq in the Army, btw that place blows, it is not a suggested vacation spot.

Ive been looking at this site for months now, googling guns and stuff for feedback theres always a BS link in the first few results. That and my brother-in-law mentioned it was a good site and he had been using it to learn more about guns and pricing, etc. I have finally decided to join the website as a new member, mainly because it looks like a good place to sell/buy guys before taking a HUGE cut from gun shops.

as far as guns, i honestly do not know how many guns i have, but i can name a few...

XDM .40 (currently posted up for sale)
    Mosin Nagant (stamped 1942 w/ all matching parts and serial numbers)
    AK-47 - Romanian
    Remington 770 - .270 cal
    Ruger 10/22 (x2)
    Benelli 12guage
    Ancient remington 22 (handed down)
    410 pump
    crack barrel 410
    (couple pellet guns not worth mentioning)
    Thats about all i can remember off hand

Guns i am wanting to buy eventually:

FNX-9 (one for me, one for wife)
    R700 .308 -fluted bull barrel w/ 5R twist rate
    5-7
    over/under 12g
    20g (for the wife)
    1911 (obviously, i mean who doesnt admire a beauty like the 1911's????)
    and of course there are more i cant think of right now, a man can not own enough guns!

OH btw, theres a pretty cool website i know of, and i will pass it on down.

www.aliexpress.com

i purchased a Leupold 4.5-14x50mm Illuminated cross hairs (knock off product) for $75. I can imagine off the back most of you will think it to be a POS copy, but she is a beauty. Identicle replica, (except the numbers and stuff at the bottom) the illuminocity of it is epic as well..has a side focus knob that works like a charm. i put it on my .270, it took a lil while to get it sighted in, the scope came with some small rifle scope rings, which to me says that this gun was intended for smaller rifles, (i.e .22, .17, etc)
    I purchased the scope doubtfully, but if it proves to be unworthy of a heavier rifle, i have some 22's or the .17 ima get would do swell with it.

Also you can get flashlights that are super bright (think Surefire) for around $12.

Hope you guys didnt get too bored reading all this crap.
    I look forward to being a member and part of the BS team! HOOAH!

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Welcome aboard!

What's wrong with Lafayette?! Try having to live in New Orleans, I wish I could move back to that side!

What kind of 410 pump do you have?

scottybaw

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    Welcome, and besides traffic, Lafayette is a very good place to live. Way better and cleaner than New Orleans could dream of. Good festivals, good culture, less than a ten minute drive to rice fields for geese less than thirty minutes to some of the world's best saltwater fishing, twenty minutes to one of the largest swamps in the whole nation. You just have to know where to look.

Rhambeaux

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Lafayette, LA
    Welcome aboard!

What's wrong with Lafayette?! Try having to live in New Orleans, I wish I could move back to that side!

What kind of 410 pump do you have?

on the 410 pump, i cant remember correctly (its been at my brothers for like 2 years) but it was passed down from my grandfather. He had a bolt action 410 with an internal mag but was stolen along with a .357

The problem i have with Lafayette is its the city, neighbors too close and i cant exactly start a bon fire or shoot rifles off my back porch. Prob gonna stay there for another year at the most and look for a place around Carencro area with a few acres, maybe even a plot of land with a pond in it alrdy that i can stock with fish

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    on the 410 pump, i cant remember correctly (its been at my brothers for like 2 years) but it was passed down from my grandfather. He had a bolt action 410 with an internal mag but was stolen along with a .357

The problem i have with Lafayette is its the city, neighbors too close and i cant exactly start a bon fire or shoot rifles off my back porch. Prob gonna stay there for another year at the most and look for a place around Carencro area with a few acres, maybe even a plot of land with a pond in it alrdy that i can stock with fish

Aw... well you just need to get out the city is all... plenty of room to do that over there, that's why I like it. There isn't anything like that available over here, except on the northshore but I work in houma.

I'd look into that 410 pump... if it's a Winchester Model 42, it could be worth a pretty penny. If that's the case I'd want to make sure it was locked up pretty good.

Rhambeaux

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Lafayette, LA
    I'd look into that 410 pump... if it's a Winchester Model 42, it could be worth a pretty penny. If that's the case I'd want to make sure it was locked up pretty good.

Once i move, im gonna get one of the big mofo's with the steel vault door, if its cement grouding in the house i may look at bolting the safe down, but then again they weigh a freakin ton empty, so theres almost no point in bolting it down.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom