New Gimmick Ammo for LEOs only? Less than leathal inside....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Lol, remember the incident where a cop shot a guy with his gun thinking it was his Taser?

Imagine how easy it is to mix up your lethal mag and your nonlethal mag. Or to forget you chambered a Gold Dot even though you popped in a nonlethal mag, and didn't rack out the Gold Dot...

Seriously that's a tactical fail on a lot of levels.

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    Remember that Border Patrol incident a few months ago where an agent was instructed by his superior for nonlethal only, meanwhile the smugglers inside the compound had fully automatic weapons?

I cant see it happening. And just as the others have said, in the heat of the moment can you see someone removing his mag, ejecting a chambered round, finding the next mag that is nonlethal, inserting a mag and then chambering the new nonlethal round?

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Picture is misleading.

The round is fired from a 12 gauge, not a pistol.

Being fired from a shotgun makes it different from the dozens of specialty rounds already manufactured for the 12 gauge how?

No news here.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Picture is misleading.

The round is fired from a 12 gauge, not a pistol.

Being fired from a shotgun makes it different from the dozens of specialty rounds already manufactured for the 12 gauge how?

No news here.

This. I've got an 870 loaded with bean bags in the back of the truck as we speak. Tasers are much more versatile but for their place, shotgun less lethal rounds are effective.

I'd also like to see an air marshall with a shotgun... aren't those guys "under cover"?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, misleading "journalism". It is a 12 gauge ball of putty.... bean bags are tried and true, no reason to reinvent the wheel.

As far as air marshals, shoot the ****ing terrorist, I would rather deal with a small hole in the plane than it crashing into the ground. Better yet, don't make planes gun free zones! Terrorist wouldn't even consider a plane as a target then.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    http://www.integrityballistics.com/product/
    http://www.integrityballistics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IB1401_data_sheet.pdf

IBbullets.png

:)

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I like it. Having a shotgun loaded with this stuff might be a good alternative to bean bag rounds.

That being said, if they ever Do come up with a pistol round, I like that too. You could have your "less lethal pistol" in the trunk and it negates the need of a less lethal shotgun. It should probably be painted bright orange though, and should stay in the trunk until you need it. Carrying around a mag of less lethal pistol ammo is beyond stupid.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If I was a LEO, I'd want a Keltec KSG with putty rounds, beanbag rounds, 00 buck and slugs. Maybe throw one flame thrower and one flechette shell in the mix for good measure. With the KSG's tube selection system, the round you need is never more than one switch and 4 pumps away. The system will be complex, but nothing a simple Flip/Pump chart duct taped to the barrel wouldn't fix.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    If I was a LEO, I'd want a Keltec KSG with putty rounds, beanbag rounds, 00 buck and slugs. Maybe throw one flame thrower and one flechette shell in the mix for good measure. With the KSG's tube selection system, the round you need is never more than one switch and 4 pumps away. The system will be complex, but nothing a simple Flip/Pump chart duct taped to the barrel wouldn't fix.

You forgot the M1030 breaching rounds! Can't forget those.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Since I'm issued a less lethal gun I'm forbidden from transporting lethal 12ga ammo in my vehicle. Unless the less lethal pistol ammo only fit a special gun and could never be chambered in a standard weapon, I doubt it'd get any play time. Too much opportunity for accidents.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yeah, misleading "journalism". It is a 12 gauge ball of putty.... bean bags are tried and true, no reason to reinvent the wheel.

As far as air marshals, shoot the ****ing terrorist, I would rather deal with a small hole in the plane than it crashing into the ground. Better yet, don't make planes gun free zones! Terrorist wouldn't even consider a plane as a target then.

A GS to a plane don't do a damn thing. Bangbangbang!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    If proven to be more accurate or deliver more energy than beanbag rounds, then why not? It would be great for the OWS crowd! Failure to disperse? High Velocity silly putty delivered to center mass. Throw something at a cop? High velocity silly putty straight to the baby maker!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    If proven to be more accurate or deliver more energy than beanbag rounds, then why not? It would be great for the OWS crowd! Failure to disperse? High Velocity silly putty delivered to center mass. Throw something at a cop? High velocity silly putty straight to the baby maker!

Do beanbag rounds not work? Cost analysis in favor of the silly putty?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge

From my eyes, bean bag rounds work better at stopping a bad guy and dispersing the bystanders than a taser. I have see many tasers deployed, only one been bag deployed. The taser is effective, but I have seen it fail 3 times, 2 misses and one dude just wasn't effected by it. I think the criminal scum that got hit with the bean bag wasn't going anywhere, and it was nice to handle an incident from the civilian side without a crowd blocking the entrance.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

Beanbags have been used successfully in many standoff situations. I think I read somewhere that the rubber torpedoes with fins had the best velocity/accuracy though. Cost could be a factor for prevalence of beanbag rounds.

Top Bottom