New gunshop poll

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maadi47

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    zachary,la
    +1 to the reasonably priced used guns. Also, I have yet to find a store that sells AK parts. I know I can order offline but one could corner the market buy selling locally. Everyone says "We can order it for you". I'd rather pay a little more and have it now rather than wait on delivery. Just my two pennies.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Stock some rimfire firearms. Stuff to get the youth interested in our sport. If we don't raise the next generation of shooters, it will all be for naught.

Perhaps you can work with local boy scout troops, youth organizations or find some other way to bring the youth into our sport.

Be an ambassador.

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    It has been noted already but, i would like more surplus type guns, not so many black rifles and plastic guns. Shooting belts, holsters etc... And some employee's that know there business without being to condescending and are willing to actually grow your business.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Class III items (which I know you will be doing), reasonable FFL transfer prices, parts for common guns, special order pricing that won't send me online for something you don't have in stock and of course, customer service.

I like to support local business but won't do it just to do it. If I want to buy a case of 223 and the price is $100 different from you to an online retailer, I'm taking the online route. If the price is close enough for me, I will support local anyday, especially if I know that you're not trying to get rich off of one sale. Do what you have to do to keep me coming back!

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    [Consider the average gun owner, the guy who buys a basic hunting rifle and low end scope, or basic pump shotgun, has it bore sighted and only touches it during hunting season. Those people buy guns, a LOT of them, and they aren't "gun enthusiast." I know plenty of hunters that barely know the name of the guns they own, and they may own a dozen or so, but they are merely viewed as tools, nothing more. QUOTE] I couldnt of said it better!!!! QUOTED BY RYANW

Last edited:

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    Thanx guys there is some good advice there. One more question. What would yall like to see that ISNT a firearm? reloading supplies, targets, stuff like that.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Gotta have something there to interest the wives while we spend the money we've been hiding. If you had a store and some AR500 steel targets cut sitting there I'm sure some people that wouldn't otherwise buy them online would probably pick up 1 or 2 each visit as impulse buy.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Thanx guys there is some good advice there. One more question. What would yall like to see that ISNT a firearm? reloading supplies, targets, stuff like that.

A lot of people who reload use Dillon reloaders due to their outstanding warranty (stock those dies, parts etc.). Good Ole boys are happy to shoot cans, jugs and paper plates. Targets should be unique or cheap.
    !B0L-MBQBGk~$(KGrHqYOKiQEw1umDNuBBMZOlfFtEw~~_35.JPG

images

Section for the ladies self/home defense would be smart. Having a knowledgeable female employee on hand for those sales would be a big plus too. Best of luck to you flemgunner. I'm sure a number of Bayou Shooter members will drop in to say hello, and spend some money on what we love.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    A shop that doesn't have a 20-30%mark up on items, hard business to operate with lots of initial investment with slow return (hard to do)

Reloading components, a good selection of holsters NOT just Serpas, nylon junk

Availability to buy small parts (AR,AK,Glock,M&P)

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    Cheap transfers and polite and friendly staff. I hate walking into a gun shop and feeling like a fraternity pledge. I understand I don't know everything, that's why I'm asking. That being said, I imagine running a gun shop is a difficult business. I buy most of my stuff online and I know it's sometimes hard to compete with that. I'm a real stickler for products made in the USA as well, so you could maybe use that and post products made in the USA or have a section or something.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

You should do like the Lowes training stuff. Have someone do a class once a week on building a rifle like an AK or AR or something. Rent a workshop out to people who want to do things like change out their gas block or add free float handguards on their AR or something. Hell I'd love to put together a pistol upper from scratch but don't have the tools or space. I'd pay $20 to borrow someone's workspace for an hour. :dunno:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    First off, a shop owner who is interested in what his customers want is a damn good start! I like going to shops that take trades, not knowing what I will find. Offbeat used guns are always cool and I will make an extra trip and carry spending money to a place that will have a good selection of used guns. I can buy guns off the interwebz all day long but walking into a shop and finding that Sistema Colt 1911 or that 1929 DWM Luger is what keeps me coming back. A good cross section of reloading components and supplies is also a guaranteed draw. A previous poster mentioned spare parts.. if you have the floor space this is also a good way to get customers in the door. Lastly, I know that not many go this route, but I would prefer to spend money at a shop like yours for kit builds and refinishing rather than send the work out to Arizona or Oklahoma, with the shipping involved..

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    A shooting range would be the bomb
    Inventory that included more than just Black Rifle stuff.
    Unbiased sales staff that helps you make a decision, rather than tell you "You don't want that, You want this..........Because I have this too"
    Id be willing to bet that a local store with a nice supply of Surplus Rifles, pistols and PARTS would do pretty good.
    The ability to trade in and trade up

What about the ability to trade in / trade up on those accessories and parts for all firearms.

Plenty of people start off with the Cheapie Accessories, then realize they should have just started with the good stuff from the get go.
    HOWEVER its a vicious cycle, and EVERYONE that I know owns buckets of the cheap accessories. You just cant help yourself and NOT do it.
    Seems like the Cheap stuff would turn over easily.
    Now is it worth the hassle ? Dont know.

Last, an inexpensive quickie service to 1/2 ZERO in the scope or red dot you just purchased. Only intended to put them onto "Paper"

Last edited:

blackwater26504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Hey yall Id like some input. What would YALL like to see in a gunshop? I.e. what would yall like to be stocked, what do yall see as missing from other shops?

Some real high speed gear. Good product like hsgi, g code holster and BODY ARMOR!!!

NICE BOOTS also i forgot about that one. Stay away from OAKLEY they give a huge discount to your leo mil customers. So it would probably be a waste of money to invest in the OAKLEY brand.

Last edited:

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    Groceries, I'd really like to be able to pick up TP, milk, cereal, ammo and guns in one place without ever having to step in a WalMart.

Top Bottom