New guy moving down from Kansas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Hey all, found this site searching for Louisiana gun forums. I live in Wichita, Kansas right now and am moving down to the New Iberia/Lafayette area in a few days for a helo mechanic job.

Grew up in Wichita, spent 2 years in the Army after high school, held a brief job in upstate New York and hated living there so I just moved back to Wichita when I got laid off and used my G.I Bill money to go to school for my A&P license. Got into gun ownership and 2A rights when I left the military, got a Kansas CCH and am hoping to get into some IDPA or USPSA competition once I get settled down there.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Welcome to the BS and La. After spending some time in Crawford County, trust me you will miss the seasons, even the snow.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Welcome to the BS and La. After spending some time in Crawford County, trust me you will miss the seasons, even the snow.

I'm not sure about that. After living in Syracuse for about a year I think I've seen enough snow and ice to last a lifetime.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Hey all, found this site searching for Louisiana gun forums. I live in Wichita, Kansas right now and am moving down to the New Iberia/Lafayette area in a few days for a helo mechanic job.

Grew up in Wichita, spent 2 years in the Army after high school, held a brief job in upstate New York and hated living there so I just moved back to Wichita when I got laid off and used my G.I Bill money to go to school for my A&P license. Got into gun ownership and 2A rights when I left the military, got a Kansas CCH and am hoping to get into some IDPA or USPSA competition once I get settled down there.

Welcome! People in the south are super nice (usually) so if you need anything just ask!

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Sounds like you're going to work for Bristow or PHI? My buddy is a pilot for Bristow.
    I have anotjer very good friend from my Navy days who's a mechanic for PHI in Lafayette.

I grew up in Lafayette -- great area to live.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Welcome and a kind word of advice. I would recommend starting a workout program which incorporates steam and adapt to breathing it. Especially this time of year.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Sounds like you're going to work for Bristow or PHI? My buddy is a pilot for Bristow.
    I have anotjer very good friend from my Navy days who's a mechanic for PHI in Lafayette.

I grew up in Lafayette -- great area to live.

Yes I'll be working for Bristow Academy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom