New HK Pistols.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkump

Rating - 100%
    317   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    With the new expansion at the Georgia site, we should be seeing a bunch of new H&K handguns and rifles being made in the USA without any of the import restrictions. This should be good for all of us.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    With the new expansion at the Georgia site, we should be seeing a bunch of new H&K handguns and rifles being made in the USA without any of the import restrictions. This should be good for all of us.

Hopefully the quality doesnt go down! Just kidding. But not really. They just need to make me a P7M13 from modern aluminum and ill have a new carry gun.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Whats the deal with the Maritime model?

Don't know if the maritime version is like the old hk mk23, but I think prior to 2012 the mk23's had a maritime coating that protected it from salt water/sea spray. But later on they just used the same finish as all the other usp's.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    I'm still hoping for a compact, single stack for pocket carry. Similar to my PM9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Definitely NOT excited for ANY Hk "Made in the USA".
    I prefer my trucks American,
    my shoes Italian,
    my watches Swiss,
    and my cars and handguns German

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Definitely NOT excited for ANY Hk "Made in the USA".
    I prefer my trucks American,
    my shoes Italian,
    my watches Swiss,
    and my cars and handguns German

All the new models of HK VP pistols should be Made in Germany.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    All the new models of HK VP pistols should be Made in Germany.

AFAIK, that is true, but I'm an old fashioned hammer guy so the VP never really appealed to me anyway. Now one reason I may suspend my embargo would be a US made SP5k which should allow for a factory threaded barrel if I'm not mistaken

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Posted elsewhere:

European IWA 2017 Nuremberg H&K report - tons of new stuff :-)

So I am back from IWA 2017. I was there every year since 2011, but this time H&K stand was biggest and also
    with tons of new stuff for the first time too ;-). I got lot of information so here is some quick summary.

H&K guns here:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoxfFGh67UuAgaYbbs9dH1isrbTW0g

Other guns here:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoxfFGh67UuAgaV1a-mCDnrcsVI08g

Humans and other individuals:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoxfFGh67UuAgacMxQdbT6Sa6coRMA

About new H&K:

SFP9L - longer slide with 5" barrel with O ring just like Expert, recoil spring is same as normal SFP, already in production and ordered to the Czech, it will be on stock in 1-2 month. L with cut for red dot will be available next year probably ;-). Sadly no threaded barrel for this model of course, it would be too long.

SFP9 OR - Optical Ready with milled slide for red dots, many plates will be available, it should be ready in the end of the 2017

SFP9 Maritime - slide is more serrated for wet enviroment, striker is stainless with more drain hole, more inside parts
    are better protected against corrosion including feed ramp

SFP9SK - it should be available in summer with classic paddle mag release, with new push button mag release in the end of 2017 probably
    Also it will be available in 40 S&W caliber later.

P30SK in 40 S&W - already available in dealers price list

Safety levers on both side are now optional for SFP and also push button mag release will be available - all next year probably. Pust button on the pictures is only a 3D printed prototype. So it looks like it of course.

20 round magazine on the pics in only a welded prototype. Production version in 2018 will be from one piece of
    steel body with factory plastic "xgrip" and also they will have factory "xgrip" for 13 and 15 round mags for SK :-).

G28Z - Zivilian/Civilian version

Bad news - no SFP45/VP45 at this time, because frame is to small for 45 and they must develop whole new pistol for 45.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't know if the maritime version is like the old hk mk23, but I think prior to 2012 the mk23's had a maritime coating that protected it from salt water/sea spray. But later on they just used the same finish as all the other usp's.

But they are already Melonited/Tenifered/Tuftrided/salt bath nitrocarburized.

The only thing that would improve that would be to use a PVD COATING ON TOP OF THE EXISTING SLIDE & BARREL instead of what they are using now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a VP9 do they make a VP40 or a P30 in 40SW? I have tones of 40 ammo and components from when I shot USPSA.

They do and usually can be found cheaper than the 9mm due to not being as popular. Someone would probably do a straight trade with your vp9 if you can find that person. The prices of VP9's have pretty much bottomed out with prices in the 400's recently PLUS a 4 mag rebate, which we all know how proud HK is of their mags.

BTW, I happen to have an extra VP9 I bought a couple years ago, and recently picked up a VP9 tactical. So if y'all know of anyone that wants to trade a VP9 for a VP9sk, let me know!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom