New in EBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OtisDriftwood

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Just found you guys while looking for info on the Sherburne range, glad to find a local gang.

I am a 'self-defense' kinda gun enthusiast (i.e. I don't hunt, unless you kick my door in)

I only own a handful of firearms:
    S&W 686 .357 magnum revolver
    Taurus .38 special revolver (older model)
    Colt DA .32 Police Positive (obsolete .32 long colt ammo :wtc:)
    NAA .22 mini revolver (that's the bad boy... obviously I only bought it to look cool :cool:)
    Winchester 1300 Defender 12g pump action
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

I've been looking for a place to take the SKS out (my newest addition) because our local indoor range won't allow SKS/AK on their rifle range (for good reason, of course - they got tired of replacing the target rails)

I also enjoy good music with soul that can rock, cold beer, my dogs, and chasin' women (don't tell my girlfriend that last part :D)

Look forward to getting some good info (and maybe some good laughs) out of ya'll!

SilverGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Just found you guys while looking for info on the Sherburne range, glad to find a local gang.

I've been looking for a place to take the SKS out (my newest addition) because our local indoor range won't allow SKS/AK on their rifle range (for good reason, of course - they got tired of replacing the target rails)

I also enjoy good music with soul that can rock, cold beer, my dogs, and chasin' women (don't tell my girlfriend that last part :D)

Look forward to getting some good info (and maybe some good laughs) out of ya'll!

Hi! Did you ever get the info you wanted/needed about the Sherburne range? I have never been myself, but I've been told that they often are closed for some reason so it sucks to drive over an hour away only to find that you can't get in. Maybe it was just a temporary thing. I just met a man at Jim's who told me that he goes there and that I should too. He's never had a problem with it. Others tell me that it could be quite dangerous depending on who is shooting from where....

If you come across a place that will let you shoot your SKS, let me know too! LOL. My friend's dad owns a 15 acre lot, but it's deer season so we can't go scaring the deer....

:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom