New(ish) P238/XDM rear sight laser

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I have had this sight laser on my XDM for about 3.5 years now but never use it. I recently put some new sights on it so I had the laser left over. I really didn't want it to go to waste and have been wanting a laser for my Sig P238. I didn't want the larger lasers that fit under the slide and laserlyte doesn't make a model for the Sig. The laserlyte is specific to the XDM but since I bought a sight pusher and the base looked like it was really close in width to the Sig's sight, I figured I'd give it a go. It fit perfectly. I didn't have to do any filing or anything else to make it fit. I talked to two gun shops and a gun smith and they told me it was not possible to put it on the Sig since it was made for the XDM. I'm glad I didn't listen and decided to try for myself. Here it is.

Sig 2.jpgSig 1.jpg

Last edited:

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I wrote to Laserlyte to tell them what I did and they informed me that the rear sight laser (RTB-XD) for the Springfield XDM is compatible with the Sig Sauer 225, 226, 228, 239, 2009 and P238. Hope this helps someone. I wish I would have known this a long time ago.

Top Bottom