new knife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    i just got the newish benchmade 162 bushcrafter.

bought it because of 2 reasons,
    1 i like the metal, s30v, my edc is s30v and sucker stays sharp.
    2. look at it! its sexy!

negatives

no gimping, i think it would have been pretty easy to put some gimping on the spine.

the sheath is supposed to be lack luster, my first fixed blade so i dont know any better, ill likely order a kydex sheath from a local guy.

big slab of s30v

DSCF2361.jpg

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    S30v is a great steel, just don't assume that all S30v will be the same. Also depends on how well it's heat treated. You should also try s35vn. Also an outstanding steel.

Sweet knife.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    S30v is a great steel, just don't assume that all S30v will be the same. Also depends on how well it's heat treated. You should also try s35vn. Also an outstanding steel.

Sweet knife.

i will look into s35vn after recently like yesterday learning of it. Im looking for a smaller spyderco than my military right now. my military is my first edc and got me hooked on the s30v, been using it for months and it still shaves hair! its just a tad large for my gym shorts, everything else i dont even notice it and theres a lot of blade on that knife

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Also i want to add that i ordered from knifeworks.com a louisiana based company, i made out $135 shipped on this knife, awesome price and got the knife next day thanks to proximity.

thought i had double ordered and called em up to get sorted out, lady that answered was great. good people

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Also i want to add that i ordered from knifeworks.com a louisiana based company, i made out $135 shipped on this knife, awesome price and got the knife next day thanks to proximity.

thought i had double ordered and called em up to get sorted out, lady that answered was great. good people

Knife.Works has an excellent reputation on the list and for good reason. If I can purchase from them, I do. If I ordered it over the weekend, it would usually arrive via Priority Mail on Tuesday when I was living in Red Stick. Good people, they.

I have a BM Rant that I like. I'm not much into fixed blades. Only have six or so including a couple of neck knives.

:ohreally:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    A good handle design does not mandate jimping. In some cases, it makes sense, such as on a hard-use knife, but is sort of a white man's invention, like a sheath to a machete. Had a knife from a former local maker, Reider, of S30V; it was quite sharp, but sold it to themcfarland. It sharpened decently, but not back to the skin-splitting, hair-popping edge it had from the maker, which is likely part of the heat treat, and user inexperience.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    thanks

762, the jimping is something i like, im really a knife newb but my spyderco military has jimping on top and bottom and i use it all the time, i really like it.

love the new benchmade too. ill likely never use it for its intention though.

NORSEWOLF

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I have a few small s3ov and really like them. let us know how it holds up. Edge wise.
    I have a Benchmade Snody skinner in d2 and it will skin 6 to 7 deer before i touch up edge.
    I have it baby sister in s30v Activaitor 211 with carbonfiber scales and i love it.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have been to knife works a few times. The owner lost a lot of my respect when he wanted to charge me an extra 15 bucks for going in store and having the girls pull a knife. The girls that work there are great, can't say as much for the owner.

And yes, I have bought both a manic 2 and para2 from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom