New Law on Pistol Attachments.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Jus

Just a thought. Reading your post makes me think you believe that we somehow brought this on ourselves. If that’s the case, I think you have completely lost touch. Any idea why folks feel the need to come up with all these workarounds? Could it be that the ATF has been infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights since before you were born and you just don’t have it in you to expect any different? These fools are calling a piece of plastic a machinegun. Wake up. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
    Precisely. These braces, if nothing else, have shown many people just how silly the existence of the NFA and the ATF are, especially regarding SBR's.
    They regulate our rights to oblivion and at the same time, they will roll up on you in an unmarked vehicle with a blacked out windshield and jump out with 12" full auto M4's.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    John from Hammond. Why can't you be more civil in your opinions. The only way we learn is by our own research along with opinions of others. You can disagree with someones opinion or their post but you are acidic in your reponses. Civility would be appreciated not only
    by me but I am sure by others.
    Duly noted, and I will work on my presentation and tact here. I had this guy calling me out on posting the 2014 ATF letter earlier so I gave him a hard dose of reality. He claims to be an expert who has worked 13 years in the NFA/Class 3 dealer realm but I personally think he's full of sh*t. Just my opinion mind you.

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    Maybe the ATF knows its reached the end of its rope and this rule is what we get. it will be interesting to see what the courts think of the NFA after Bruin.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Duly noted, and I will work on my presentation and tact here. I had this guy calling me out on posting the 2014 ATF letter earlier so I gave him a hard dose of reality. He claims to be an expert who has worked 13 years in the NFA/Class 3 dealer realm but I personally think he's full of sh*t. Just my opinion mind you.
    He actually did work at a shop that did a $hit ton of Class 3 stuff. Now works for the successor company.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Well ya never know... There are a ton of "gun snobs", "legal snobs", and overall douchebags on this site. Can't blame a guy for assuming... ::::: Just stirring the pot cause I'm that guy::::::

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here's an interesting video of the history of SBR's. Ian brought up a good point. They are being added to the regulation because they are so dangerous but the ATF isn't going to actively round them up. Are they not going out to get the braces because the braces aren't that dangerous?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The ATF/Fed people on this site aren't gonna let themselves be known. That's been proven time and time again. Austin is the only one with that info. And he ain't saying squat either.
    Ha, I have no clue either.

I know I have been contacted by the ATF and FBI on more than one occasion for people doing stupid **** on here.

I knew of one former ATF agent who was a member back in the day, but he was a cop who liked guns and wasn't investigating people on here.

With that being said, we don't allow illegal stuff on here and in the past, the forum has reported blatant violators to the proper authorities. An example would be a guy who was a known felon who posted pictures of guns for sale...with baggies of drugs in the background. Clearly that's just not something we support and certainly won't allow on here.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Ha, I have no clue either.

I know I have been contacted by the ATF and FBI on more than one occasion for people doing stupid **** on here.

I knew of one former ATF agent who was a member back in the day, but he was a cop who liked guns and wasn't investigating people on here.

With that being said, we don't allow illegal stuff on here and in the past, the forum has reported blatant violators to the proper authorities. An example would be a guy who was a known felon who posted pictures of guns for sale...with baggies of drugs in the background. Clearly that's just not something we support and certainly won't allow on here.
    All lies!!!! LIES I TELL YA!!!! :mamoru:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Ha, I wish. Getting a random call with "Hi Austin, this is Special Agent ABC with the FBI..." is always a fun way to start the day.
    Been there and done that, but mine was 2 agents pulled up in a darked out car on side of me while I was doing cardio with the wife by the house…. lol, luckily they just wanted info on a bayou shooter convicted felon who commited a crime with a gun that I owend at one point in time… talk scary, but they were super nice, made it very clear they new I had a bunch of nfa items and chp, and didn’t want to know any personal info on that stuff…

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Damn. I knew FBI watched this site pretty tight, but I didn't realize how tight. Effin ridiculous. Makes me wonder what put this forum on the FBI watchlist to begin with

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Just because they are Fed's or ATFE doesnt mean they dont collect, hunt, or shoot. I have been in numerous groups with Fed's in them, and some were really good shooters, and knew their gear.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Been there and done that, but mine was 2 agents pulled up in a darked out car on side of me while I was doing cardio with the wife by the house…. lol, luckily they just wanted info on a bayou shooter convicted felon who commited a crime with a gun that I owend at one point in time… talk scary, but they were super nice, made it very clear they new I had a bunch of nfa items and chp, and didn’t want to know any personal info on that stuff…

The agents told me your cardio consisted of you walking this dog. They even sent me a picture.

d03eee90b2131f3c237ec838eb4a3f27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Ok I’m sure this is covered somewhere, but can’t you just put a round tube on the buffer tube to keep it a “pistol“?
    absolutely. I have a CMMG Banshee 57 I purchased with a plain pistol tube on it (Series 100). You couldn't put a brace or collapible stock on it as is, if you wanted to. It is a pure AR-15 style pistol, with an 8" barrel.

I actually purchased 2 pistol buffer tubes in prep of this DOJ/ATF fiasco. But I since sold my PSA 9mm braced pistol and FM 45 acp braced pistol a few months back. Switch the buffer tube to a plain pistol and you are golden. Legal and no need to ATF register it/comply with their latest "braced pistol - final rule" BS.

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Ok I’m sure this is covered somewhere, but can’t you just put a round tube on the buffer tube to keep it a “pistol“?
    Check the atf form 4999. Most if not all pistols will fail, by design, and be considered sbr's.

So after further reading, I assume the new rule is in lieu of the form 4999 even though the new rule utilizes the criteria from the form 4999 worded with ambiguity to be interpreted by atf officials how they see fit.

Hand stops, optics with magnifiers, flip up sights, length of pull etc. And the way they are designed to be used are all considered consistent with similarly designed rifles and therefore cannot be a pistol.

Clear as mud

Last edited:
    Top Bottom