New Legislation for 2011 in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • profiler999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I'll start and hope this somehow gets to the representatives.

1. Figure out this CCW in a restaurant. PLEASE. I don't drink, but I also don't want to have to leave my handgun in the truck because I go into a Chili’s or TGIF. Just clarify it so the average human being can make some sense.

2. 6 month wait for licensure. My recommendation would be if you already have a CCW from a State that LA has reciprocity with, then the waiting period should be eliminated if you relocate to LA. Think about it....you get your money quicker!

others????

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    1. Don't mess with it. You can carry in any part of a restaurant, a clarification could be more restrictive.

2. Eh, whatever.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I'd prefer we be able to carry in bars, and simply let the restriction on our BAC of 0.05% rule our abilities and punishments. I'm pretty sure no CHP holder is going to want to get in trouble for carrying an illegally concealed firearm while intoxicated, considering your permit is void while over 0.05%

0.05% pretty much means you can't drink a watered down beer in less than an hour, or something like that.

CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    well what's the point of carryin' if you can't drink :D
    Just kidding...........
    The CCW law is not that difficult to understand. Use a little common sense and you should do just fine. Act like a cowboy flashing your CCW badge (don't laugh I had someone show me his :eek:) and you're on your own!!!!!!!!!!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    1) it is VERY clear to understand the rules that apply to carrying in such establishment.

2)yeah could work, contact & support the LSA since its thanks to them that we have moved forward and made changes, they know who to talk to etc etc etc

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    1. Don't mess with it. You can carry in any part of a restaurant, a clarification could be more restrictive.

2. Eh, whatever.

WRONG

We've been through this before. It depends on the type of liquor license the business has. My favorite example - Margaritaville on Decatur Street in NOLA has a Class A General that covers the bar AND RESTAURANT. Therefore, NO CCW allowed. Also, no kids under 21 with out an adult in the restaurant. THere are lots of these situations.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    WRONG

We've been through this before. It depends on the type of liquor license the business has. My favorite example - Margaritaville on Decatur Street in NOLA has a Class A General that covers the bar AND RESTAURANT. Therefore, NO CCW allowed. Also, no kids under 21 with out an adult in the restaurant. THere are lots of these situations.

AMEN to that Boss man, it seems that this one beats them to death, comes out EVERY DAY as a question.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    We need to completely eliminate all weapons carry restrictions BECAUSE those who are most likely to cause a problem just ignore restrictions, ANYWAY !

Why can't WE SEE THIS ?

Those of us old enough to recall commonly-practiced open carry can attest that it did not cause any problems, whatsoever.

Au contraire, people were very polite back then. The stories about leaving keys in parked cars overnight are TRUE !

leVieux

scottjcraig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Fort Polk
    I prefer to OC, so letting me carry in Applebee's is much preferable to leaving my weapon in my car since my wife cannot go without her chicken alfredo bread bowl.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    WRONG

Warhawk83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    NE Louisiana
    Ok,so you CAN cc in Chili's and places like it or not? I was under the impression that you couldn't.

The drug list is ridiculous, so if you get a tooth pulled and the doc gives you pain meds you can't carry?

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    I'll start and hope this somehow gets to the representatives.

1. Figure out this CCW in a restaurant. PLEASE. I don't drink, but I also don't want to have to leave my handgun in the truck because I go into a Chili’s or TGIF. Just clarify it so the average human being can make some sense.

2. 6 month wait for licensure. My recommendation would be if you already have a CCW from a State that LA has reciprocity with, then the waiting period should be eliminated if you relocate to LA. Think about it....you get your money quicker!

others????

Theoretically, a restaurant could have a Class A General Retail license for the bar and a Class A Restaurant license for the rest of the place, but none of those that I've checked actually do. This includes Chili's, Sammy's Grill, and Hooters. We don't need to mess with the law here, but I'm sure that lots LEOs who are not "gun guys" are not aware of this and some provision should be made for educating them on this.

We need to make a provision for CHP holders who move to LA to have continuity of their permits.

Even though CHP holders are exempt, we need to repeal the 1000 ft exclusion zone around schools. It's just plain wrong. No "gun free zone" should extend beyond the area actually circumscribed by signage. To hold a person liable for knowing what may be 1000 feet away from him-especially when getting it wrong is a felony-is as unreasonable and immoral as ex-post-facto law. We must repeal that and pardon and expunge the records of every person who's been convicted of a "1000 ft." violation.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom