New member from Maryland

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arcamm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just found this website. My name is Ron and I live in Maryland these days. I was born in NO but raised in Pineville. I sure miss LA. Well, except for the heat and humidity, but we do have days here that remind me of home. In Maryland, if you want to shoot, you better have a large piece of land or go to a gun range. I miss going out to Camp Livingston and shooting up as many boxes of bullets or shells an my budget would allow.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I just found this website. My name is Ron and I live in Maryland these days. I was born in NO but raised in Pineville. I sure miss LA. Well, except for the heat and humidity, but we do have days here that remind me of home. In Maryland, if you want to shoot, you better have a large piece of land or go to a gun range. I miss going out to Camp Livingston and shooting up as many boxes of bullets or shells an my budget would allow.

I was in Newport, RI for about 8 months. It's beautiful up there, but there gun laws are pathetic and it's way too expensive. Sorry for your placement :(

arcamm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome! I graduated from Pineville High.

Me too. Class of 74.

I was in Newport, RI for about 8 months. It's beautiful up there, but there gun laws are pathetic and it's way too expensive. Sorry for your placement :(

Maryland has some screwy gun laws, but they are more on the stupid side than real restrictive like they are further North. We don't have to register anything here, but we do have to jump through some hoops if you buy a handgun or most "asault rifles".

It is beautiful up here and it's nice to take the bike for a ride and never have to dodge killer pot holes. But nice roads cost money and the taxes are high. I miss fishing, it's not much fun up here. All of the lakes in MD are man-made and they have horse power limits on boats. Most of the HP limits are lower than the HP on the starter motor on most of the boats I fished from in La. At least I didn't have to give up crabs. Maryland has some good crabs and seafood.

Lion_hunter

Getting There
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    My in-laws live in MD and I graduated from Salisbury, worked at Wallops Island for 10 years. In Nola area now. MD has a ridiculous CCW law that says you have to prove you are in "danger" and "need" to carry. How about if MD doesn't supply personal protection, as in my own personal cop that watches my back 24/7, I'm in danger. Salisbury had the crime of a big city due to the fact it has route 13 running through it, which is a drug running route. A lot of crack gets dropped off in Salisbury. My wife and I were mugged at gunpoint in a well lit parking lot right outside a restaurant. I saw the guys coming, but there was nothing I could do but try to beat them to our car. Before I could get the door opened, I had a knife put against my throat and another guy aiming a gun at me. We are alive ONLY because those scumbags decided not to kill us. NEVER AGAIN will I be leaving that decision to some crackhead.

SO glad to be out of that area! Best blue crabs in the world though ;)

SilverGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome! I went to college in Frederick, Maryland :) I love having four, distinct seasons! But I guess I love the heat and humidity more :)

arcamm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My in-laws live in MD and I graduated from Salisbury, worked at Wallops Island for 10 years. In Nola area now. MD has a ridiculous CCW law that says you have to prove you are in "danger" and "need" to carry. How about if MD doesn't supply personal protection, as in my own personal cop that watches my back 24/7, I'm in danger. Salisbury had the crime of a big city due to the fact it has route 13 running through it, which is a drug running route. A lot of crack gets dropped off in Salisbury. My wife and I were mugged at gunpoint in a well lit parking lot right outside a restaurant. I saw the guys coming, but there was nothing I could do but try to beat them to our car. Before I could get the door opened, I had a knife put against my throat and another guy aiming a gun at me. We are alive ONLY because those scumbags decided not to kill us. NEVER AGAIN will I be leaving that decision to some crackhead.

SO glad to be out of that area! Best blue crabs in the world though ;)

Yes, CCW is next to imposible to obtain and very restrictive if you get one. But we did score a victory lately. A judge recently ruled that the state had no right o require a citizen to prove a need for something that the constitution said he could have. Man did the send Annapolis scrambling! They got a temporary stay, but now the state has to prove why they want to deny a constitutional right. The battle rages on......

I have a lot of family in Slidel. Timmons, Sukos and Norvels

Welcome! I went to college in Frederick, Maryland :) I love having four, distinct seasons! But I guess I love the heat and humidity more :)

I'm about 15 miles East of Frederick. Great town! Lot's of good resturants. I love the seasons! As well as I remember, La only have two.

Top Bottom