New Member moving to NOLA this summer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz213

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Just wanted to stop in and say howdy! I am transfering to the New Orleans area this summer with my wife and kids and I wanted to see if I can get some info about the area and where to shoot?

We are looking at living in the Slidell area but I'm still open to other suggestions.

How does the machinegun registration process work?

Thanks,

Erick

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    :wavey:

Generally, try to get close to a neighborhood that you will be going to school or working in.

Use this site for an idea of the crime in the area you might look to live in http://spotcrime.com

Last edited:

tbone38

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    New Orleans
    Ah...if you already have a machine gun, you should consider uptown New Orleans. Keeps you on your toes. Love living here, but wouldn't leave the house without my weapon.

gunz213

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Honey island looks pretty good, especially compared to what I've had to deal with for the past 4 years.

I've got a RDIAS and a Fleming sear in a burst pack with plenty of hosts, a SBR, SBS and a few cans, so I'm mostly concerned about how to legally move them into the state.

nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    Honey island looks pretty good, especially compared to what I've had to deal with for the past 4 years.

I've got a RDIAS and a Fleming sear in a burst pack with plenty of hosts, a SBR, SBS and a few cans, so I'm mostly concerned about how to legally move them into the state.

You need permission from the ATF.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City

do you need a new best friend? :boink:

welcome to the site!

gunz213

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    You need permission from the ATF.

I'm familiar with the Federal side of things, but I haven't moved to a state that required registration so far. I was able to talk with the State Police and everything is sorted out. Now I just have to wait until June!

Top Bottom