New Members joining solely for marketplace buying and selling.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is all my opinion and personal experience...

I have had a few for sale threads lately and I'm getting PM's from members that have recently joined with little to no posts. It's a daily occurrence. While the traffic to the site is nice, this isn't the traffic I would generally like to see. Am I the only one that feels this way? I find it extremely difficult to trust someone with zero to ten posts, no feedback, and horrible grammar. Maybe it's just me being the cautious person I am.

What is everyone's else thought on the matter?

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans

I have had a few for sale threads lately and I'm getting PM's from members that have recently joined with little to no posts. It's a daily occurrence. While the traffic to the site is nice, this isn't the traffic I would generally like to see. Am I the only one that feels this way? I find it extremely difficult to trust someone with zero to ten posts, no feedback, and horrible grammar. Maybe it's just me being the cautious person I am.

I feel ya pain...True Dat.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    You are right. I myself joined this board to be able to access the classifieds however, I really liked the place and will be sticking around for a long time. I think that I have contributed with some knowledge and a bunch of hot deal finds and hope others feel the same way. I also have a hard time trusting a classifieds ad from a member with only 1 post and bad grammar. I'm sure that a few of these people will end up turning into contributing members but the majority are just here to sell something and cash in on the frenzy.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The classifieds are the most popular section of the site and I welcome members who join just to participate in it. It's up to you as a seller to vet these new people to insure you are not being set up. There are many ways to do this. These days, it's rare I have to meet someone without first being able to get their name, Facebook, phone number, etc. If you are feeling uneasy about the deal just call it off. I have flaked out on buyers and sellers because I just didn't feel comfortable with it for some reason (mostly craiglist deals).

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana

Honestly, I feel the same.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    The marketplace may very well be what brings a lot of new people to the site, but I agree with aroundlsu and a few others that we are all responsible for making deals we are comfortable with.

I sold a handgun just last week through BS, and the deal went without a hitch. A couple of phone calls, met in a public place but not under scrutiny....the usual ass covering measures.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I don't see how a minimum post count to post in classifieds would be such a bad idea.
    Then you get the minimum of dumb post until they reach the number... no thanks. I'd rather just have buyer and seller beware signs.

Last edited:

Johnnyo

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think people join the forum for a variety of reasons, most commonly the love of guns and shooting sports. The Market Place is truly a big draw.
    Some new members will find other diverse interest here and become contributors and the opportunist will get bored and move on.
    I myself will not do business with anyone without a history here regardless of how good the deal sounds.
    Just sayin.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I don't have a problem with any new members, but if I don't feel like the person is legit or if I just get a bad feeling all together I just don't do it. It's my right to sell to who I desire with no explanation required.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I happend to stumble across this website right around the same time as the frenzy started. Don't hold it against me because of my bad timing. I have purchased several items from fellow BS members and have not had one problem. One transaction was done completely through PM and I never spoke with member. I have even sold an item on here in the same manner without any problems.

I don't really contribute much because my time on the range is limited because of my family and work obligations. However, when things slack off I would love to make a few shooting buddies through this site. After all we, the majority of us are here because we all have a passion for firearms. However, I do agree with you that if some ill-grammered SOB starts blowing up my phone or inbox I would not be too pleased. But from my prespective, my time here has been enjoyable to say the least.

tonen123

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Central, La
    Yes I did just join in December of 2012. I have always been into guns but never really was interested in seeing what other people had to say till recently. I have found this site to have a great deal of info on any gun related topic, even some off topic stuff. Please don't hold it against me for being so new to the site, I am just an average guy interested in guns, not looking to make a buck or get over on anyone. If a deal comes along that catches my eye I would hope to be able to do business with anyone of yall.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't give a **** if they're just here for the classifieds. You ever buy a newspaper just to check the classifieds? Should they /require/ you read the sports section, the comics, and arts section before you're allowed to read the classifieds?

Why should I be out a potential buyer because you wanted to make friends with him before he's allowed to buy my gun?

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't give a **** if they're just here for the classifieds. You ever buy a newspaper just to check the classifieds? Should they /require/ you read the sports section, the comics, and arts section before you're allowed to read the classifieds?

Why should I be out a potential buyer because you wanted to make friends with him before he's allowed to buy my gun?

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

What she said.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    Joined prior to the panic during the panic...lol...obama re-election. Really mostly for information. I haven't bought and sold many guns but was nice to be able to make a transaction with a good guy on here. Buyer beware I say....most of you probably have been buying and selling on here from years past and have dealt with people of similiar interests in firearms etc. Lets face it, with the current climate on firearms it draws attention and therefore brings in newbs along with greedy turds. Take the good with the bad.

Secondly i'm intrigued by the way folks on here can take such a simple topic or post and disect to the nth degree...lol :dogkeke:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom