New Muzzle Device

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I got a new F/H-breacher.

It is the new DPH Arms F/H for the Sagia 12.

While I'm not really a fan of breachers per se, I do love the way this looks on the weapon!

4caf1f08.jpg

6557debb.jpg

ab7ddcb5.jpg

:D

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    i would love to get a saiga 12 set up like that one day. i've wanted one for a couple of years. very nice gun!

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    . You need a couple of inches of free space between the muzzle and the door to allow this back-splatter someplace to go.

The first shotgun I ever saw that was converted to a breacher was an Ithaca 37 used by LAPD SWAT. It featured the bottom half of the barrel, from the muzzle back a few inches, removed entirely. The remaining top half served as the stand-off. It worked (and works) like a champ.

well , you're the expert . I've never breached a door with anything but my foot :) But I do have a tape measure . And one of these handy . You said "2 inchs of freebore" and that's exactly what this flash hider provides . How cool is that ? :) Heck , who know's , maybe sombody did actually look into case studies before they went into production . You can get them online from DPH Arm's , not sure of the price but Scott's usually very reasonable . You'll probably make his day , nothing like a little hands-on , LEO , validation .

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The LAPD solution for this problem appeals to me and makes sense. It would deflect everything back towards the door or your feet. Plus you don't have to buy anything tacti-cool. So what you're saying LSP972 is that while this would allow two inches of free space it's open 360 degrees which would allow the back splatter to go in any direction. Unless of course there's something going on in the design that we can't see in the pictures of them. Since I will not be doing any door breeching in the future around the house. I guess I'll have to read about other people's stuff.

Dave

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    I think most Dept's are pretty content that today's advances no longer necessitate the hacking up of their shotgun's barrel's . Nice historical context though , amazing what just 10 year's can bring about .

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Don't worry LSP, I won't be using it for door hinges.

That's what I carry the chainsaw for!

(You forgot about the chainsaw didn't you)

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    What no pic's with the drum:naughty: I have been waiting to order one. The only thing I don't like is the shine finish on them. Wish it was just in the bake on molly or gunkote or even just parked. Or is the shine just oil? every pic I have seen has been the same of it.

You should get Will (the RJ Will) to put the skull charging handle on that thing. :rockon:

Yes the chainsaw would be funniest on SBS

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ljd_hUxCfI&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Last edited:

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    No, it doesn't... unless you hold the end two inches from your target area. If the muzzle is held against the target area- which we found, as stated, to be best- those scallops provide a couple of millimeters of stand-off at most.

Again... the amount and type of back-splatter depends on the material/construction of the door. I didn't say this thing was totally useless... but after having seen dozens of shotgun breaches (and done a few myself) on various types of doors, _I_ would not use this for that purpose unless I had no other choice.

Expert? No; but I have seen/done more than my share of mechanical breaches. Take that for what it is worth to you.;)

oh , my bad . I thought you were saying that 2 inchs was needed for the shot load to totally clear the muzzel prior to it's impact with the target area . That's what I was measuring .

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    If you're referring to the FBI's "solution" for the St. Martin prison barricade deal... how could I???

You do know they actually tried it after the deal was over; the jail was totally trashed, and the sheriff said we could finish the job by testing our respective procedures.

The HRT guys got about six inches through that glass before the chicken wire totally bound up the saw.... like Chris told them would happen.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you don't plan to go "operational"... you're like me, too long in the tooth for that sort of thing any more.;)

Actually it was the "other" chainsaw.

And yes we are a bit long in the tooth, but NEVER too old for kewl looking weapons!

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    How much to do a Saiga 12 like this Will minus the tax stamp.

Hey Gumbo , pricing is according to option's . Exactly like B.P.'s , with the selector , HK sight's , folder , brake , You're around $1800.00 . We can do them as low as $1400.00 skipping on some of the fancy stuff . Most folks have a few notions about SBS's , so I'll tell you a couple thing's not normally expected . Pattern , open bore w/00 B is a 10-12 in group at 20 yrd's . Range , We re-cut the factory threading allowing the use of screw on choke's . With the full choke , you'll have the same range as with your 24 in bbl sporting gun . Controllability , lighter recoil with these then expected , some to do with the AK action soaking it up , some to do with how we set the stock angle . That last also helps tremendously with muzzle climb . I've been taped shooting one as quickly as I could get back on target , on the video it looks like about a 2 in muzzle jump when fired .
    I have one on hand if you'ld like a test drive :)

Top Bottom