New OD G26 & G19 - NOT HAPPY!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Why on earth would someone buy a gun without looking at what they were buying!?!

1) It wouldn't matter if I had looked at them or not.
    2) I was in a rush to get somewhere before they closed

I have done lots of transfers with the guy who I have my online purchases sent to. He wouldn't have any problems backing me if I complained about the condition of the guns after I left with them, he knows I am honest and I am sure that he noticed the damage as well. That being said, with me being in a hurry I just filled out my form, let him call them in, gave him some $ and I left. Even if I had looked at them, I would still be in the same situation which would be sending them back to Glock. Because they are OD Gen4's and the place I bought them from (or any other place for that matter) doesn't get many of these at a time, I wouldn't have been able to just send them back for replacement and I knew that when I bought them. Just so happen, as my luck goes, the one time I buy a couple "rare" guns they end up both being damaged. Any other time I wouldn't have this problem, but because I can't just send them back for replacement of course they would be damaged.

TinM@n

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yes, an FFL will usually open things up and take a look to verify the numbers are in order and then put the gun right back in the box and place it in the safe.
    I do this for a living everyday.

I will also tell you that I have seen, and had many of my personal guns show up with a few scratches from the box. this usually happens because of the lock, rods, or anything else in the box. When these things are shipped, they are sent FedEx, UPS, and USPS. Most of these places dont know that its a gun in the box, and it all gets sorted in mass with literally tons of other things. all that combined can/will often put a beating on a gun in a box within a box.

Not fare, I know, but 99.9999% NOT YOUR FFLs DOING. Its usually something that happens in the shipping, the USPS being the worst offenders, (no wonder that wing of the FED is going under)

The scratches will come out if you rub some Aluma Black on it, the sight will just have to be replaced, its quicker and easier than battle the idiots in the shipping industry for compensation.

Remember: Dont argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    It sucks that this happened to you.
    Good Luck

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Thanks TM. I wish the guys at the factory had a little more sense, or compassion for the consumer when it comes to packing these boxes. Like I told the warranty rep, if this is the new arrangement to compensate for all the crap that comes with the Gen4's, they need to come up with another solution or expect a bunch of claims like my own. All it takes is putting the lock under the padding instead of on top with the gun; common sense. As far as the sights, I will never understand how the can sleep at night knowing they are putting such crappy sights on their weapons. They have such a basic design, you would think that they could afford to put some decent sights on their gun and still make a substantial profit.

doug426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    I ordered a G19 about 4 months ago from an online retailer and the slide was scratched. I did not do anything, but I won't buy a new gun on line again

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    All my glocks have been coming in with the seal broken and the locks have not been behind the pad. I check all my guns but I do not recieve them in large quantities.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The biggest Glock Dealer in the Baton Rouge area cuts the boxes open in front of you when you purchase a new Glock. The exception being the pistols on display.

daybreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    My boss just picked up a G19 gen 4 yesterday. Asked him if his front sight was dented and he looked at it later that night. Told me today it was in fact dented.

deadduck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    I've read some discussions on Glock Talk about this. The general consensus was that they are using less foam in the new boxes which is letting the locks and crap move around during shipment and scratch the finish. Hope they get your guns fixed up.

Young_gun7

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kenner Louisiana
    I bought a glock 27 gen 3 at a gun show here in kenner and it had damaged sights and a bad recoil spring, also had grease everywhere that hardened and turned bronze, I had to clean it all off before shooting. Glock sent me a new spring and I put night sites on it but still, it should look and feel new out the box.

Top Bottom