New Orleans airport?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    They are watching movement and body language. Do not adjust or fiddle with it. I was at Bush waiting for my sons return flight. Had a kidney stent after having one removed. Was sitting close to a bathroom because every 5 minutes or so I had to go. I told my wife after getting up 4 times or so I would probably be questioned soon. Sure enough two full kit warriors with long guns (sbr) and a dog was at my 12 o'clock and just looking at me. I smiled nodded and got up to go pee again. They hung out for 5-7 minutes or so then disappeared into another part of the airport. This was not conscience.
    Good. Glad we have folks aware and vigilant in public places that are more likely for terrorism. Especially in gun-free secure zones where you and I aren't allowed to have weapons to protect ourselves.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    This was in the baggage claim area in which one can go without going through security check point. They were definitely watching for behavioral patterns. Which like you said is a good thing. I think they made their assessment and moved on. I probably used the bathroom 3 more times before we left without any more interaction or surveillance (that I could see).

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This was in the baggage claim area in which one can go without going through security check point. They were definitely watching for behavioral patterns. Which like you said is a good thing. I think they made their assessment and moved on. I probably used the bathroom 3 more times before we left without any more interaction or surveillance (that I could see).
    I'm all for it. The dog probably also identified that you didn't have anything notable on you such as drugs or explosives.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Can I ask the question that nobody is asking?

Let me just preface all this up front:

I have zero issues with people carrying a firearm in public. Concealed, open or whatever.

With that being said, if your that worried about it; why not just leave the gun in the vehicle while your in the airport? Are you that worried about a active shooter situation or being robbed? I travel all the time from that airport. Trust me, you will be fine without it.

Look, I get that if you have a concealed permit, you should carry a weapon, but do you have to in every situation?

I never carry on person. I carry in my vehicle of course, but that is my choice smart or not smart.

Unless I missing something, and I apologize to everyone if I am, but just leave it the vehicle.

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Can I ask the question that nobody is asking?

Let me just preface all this up front:

I have zero issues with people carrying a firearm in public. Concealed, open or whatever.

With that being said, if your that worried about it; why not just leave the gun in the vehicle while your in the airport? Are you that worried about a active shooter situation or being robbed? I travel all the time from that airport. Trust me, you will be fine without it.

Look, I get that if you have a concealed permit, you should carry a weapon, but do you have to in every situation?

I never carry on person. I carry in my vehicle of course, but that is my choice smart or not smart.

Unless I missing something, and I apologize to everyone if I am, but just leave it the vehicle.
    Read the original post again.

Top Bottom