New Orleans guns stores

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    That was not something I expected to read, especially about a parish in LA. Everyone botches about California, but just how different from California is this crap?

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Its interesting how the mob thugs don't rush in gun stores and bust open show cases and run out. Ya think the so called leaders would notice this.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I will not provide proof of vacinnation. I will not wear a mask while eating. I can't carry enough weapons to protect myself. I will not go to N O.

Hardtack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    New Orleans
    Interesting read, thanks for posting the link to the regulations. Likely unconstitutional but apparently no one has challenged them. The city is torn up for repairs and otherwise falling apart, not a good time to be here.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    unfortunately I have to go to Metairie this weekend. Fortunately, I'll be well armed and hyper-vigilant the entire time I'm there. I may have to go Marrero, which might mean passing through NOLA. good god.
    Take the Huey Long or the Luling Bridge and Go up 90. Then you never have to go through New Orleans.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    It's probably cheaper to open and operate in surrounding parishes than it is to set up shop in N. O. and Orleans parish. Thus going thru the process of challenging this is not worth time or money. I'm sure the NRA, NSSF, or other organizations would have challenged this long ago if they felt it was worth it. I mean drive 5 or 10 minutes and you can be in Jefferson.

rdass623

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    new orleans
    the last retail outlet i was aware of selling firearms in new orleans was the walmart on tchoupitoulas. they have not sold any since august 28, 2005. since then i am unaware of any retail firearms sales in new orleans.

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Im sure the criminals go outside of N.O. to buy/steal their weapons :dunno:
    That's exactly what they do. I just moved away from my life-long home parish of Ascension. That's where the criminals "buy" (read: Steal) their guns. From the law-abiding residents there. Then they run back into their NOLA rat-holes to hide.

Since Hurricane Katrina, both the population and crime has exploded in Ascension Parish. Since Baton Rouge voted in the current leftist mayor, it has only gotten much worse. People are fleeing BR's out-of-control violent crime - to Ascension and Livingston Parishes. And Baton Rouge has also joined the top 10 most violent cities in America list along with Shreveport and New Orleans. That's about half of the state's major cities.

Congratulations, Louisiana. One of the smallest states in America now has 3 of the 10 most dangerous cities in the country. And the governor vetoed the Constitutional Carry law this past year. This is exactly what happened to Virginia. That was 12 years ago and that state is only now starting to turn around their hard slide to the left.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    My mom has almost 40k in equity in her house. I can't for the life of me convince her to sell it and move out that turd dumpster of a city.
    I am convinced that City people have Stockholm Syndrome. I have Aunt and Uncles in New Orleans and Los Angeles. Neither will move even thou their homes are worth millions there. They could buy a small ranch in the Country for what they could sell their city homes for.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    There were more gunshops open in Orleans during the 90's. One of them moved from the East to Jefferson Hwy because thier sales were too low in Orleans.
    Cash America Pawn in Gentilly was the last one that I knew of that sold firearms. First the company forbade the pawn or sale of MSRs, then the location stoped selling handguns(2 years ago), finally they stopped selling everything a year ago. They told me that sales declined and were much better in Jefferson. They will only pawn firearms now.
    Professional Security Training in Mid-City(close to my house) has a private 20 yard indoor range for training security guards and some of the state commissioned agencies. They have an FFL for sales by appointment to police and security only(I bought a Model 10 from them a few years ago.

Top Bottom