New pistola

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Buying it from the guy tomorrow. S&W M&P .45 in black with 5 magazines (3 black and 2 black chrome), case and lock. The barrel has had the vinegar trick done to it, so the barrel is a satin stainless color. Got it for a very good price (well, shipping/FFL fees added almost $100, but the gun was such a good deal I still walked away with it under priced). Here are some pics:

DSCF0632.jpg

DSCF0670.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

Do any of our Slidell area vendors have good FFL fees?

Last edited:

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Nice. I have it in 9mm and I just got one off of Gunbroker in .45. I am waiting for it to come in. How much did you pay for FFL? My shipping and FFL was only $45 combined.

Sweet shooting gun. I have about 500 rounds down range with the 9mm. Never had a hang up.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Nice. I have it in 9mm and I just got one off of Gunbroker in .45. I am waiting for it to come in. How much did you pay for FFL? My shipping and FFL was only $45 combined.

Sweet shooting gun. I have about 500 rounds down range with the 9mm. Never had a hang up.

I bought it from a private individual. His FFL is charging him $50 to ship. I could have him ship it, but since it's a private individual I feel safer going thru an FFL to make sure the gun is there. Not that I don't trust the guy, I'd rather pay the extra fee than for the guy to disappear with all my money. FITS wants about $50 to ship, so I'd rather get it cheaper AND use a vendor here. I'm going to pay his *gasp* paypal fee. It's not much and if I were accepting paypal I'd request it. I'm an honest guy. Like I said, I'm getting the gun for a song, but the shipping etc is what is jacking the price up. There is a .40 on AA right now with a BIN for $389! That's a great price-but it only has 1 mag and no changeable backstraps. 1 xtra mag is $30ish.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I have a m&p .40 and love it. You might want to keep an eye on the mag release for wear. Some early models had an issue with the metal wearing and mags dropping out. Mine malfunctioned around 1100 rounds but they quickly drop shipped me the part and I was back in bid-ness. Enjoy it!

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    Do any of our Slidell area vendors have good FFL fees?

With Bill out of the picture...

S&S does it for $25, but I'm not sure when they are open these days.

You might want to call up Slidell Arms, but I have no idea on the pricing.

FITS is $40 or 10% of the value (which ever is greater)...

If you're near covington, I'd use Ozone Pawn since they are opn till 7 and are $25 a transfer.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    With Bill out of the picture...

S&S does it for $25, but I'm not sure when they are open these days.

You might want to call up Slidell Arms, but I have no idea on the pricing.

FITS is $40 or 10% of the value (which ever is greater)...

If you're near covington, I'd use Ozone Pawn Vincent's pawn and are $25 a transfer.

Fixed. The old man at ozone is a bag of douche. The guys at Vincents are good dudes.

And what's this vinegar trick that was mentioned?

Top Bottom