New poster left me negative feedback when HE broke a deal!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I've had that happen 2 times to me from a member agreeing to a price and meeting up for the deal, only for them to back out either on the day we are going to meet or actually on my way. Happened to my son just last week.
    FUGGUM.

Ain't worth leaving feedback

That's the biggest complaint I have with not being able to post replies in the market place. Sellers /buyers are less likely to crawfish if their actions are seen out in the open on the forum
    I agree. The crawfishing part was not what made me leave the feedback. It was his bad attitude and calling me a "p u s s y" via text for calling him on his crawfishing. I left the feedback to let others know what kind of person this guy is.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's the biggest complaint I have with not being able to post replies in the market place. Sellers /buyers are less likely to crawfish if their actions are seen out in the open on the forum

When I was asked to be a mod, there was no commenting in the marketplace. I was a proponent of turning that feature back on. Eventually, the feature was turned on. It was a disaster for a couple of reasons. Every reply bumps a post to the top of the "new post" list. So if I have a questionable ad that leads to a bunch of questions, my ad will spend more time in the spotlight than your well placed ad. I could reply to question after question after question after question, thereby bumping the ad 4-5 times a day while you would get a warning for bumping your ad with no questions twice in a day. And the quality of replies were not good either. There was a lot of "your price is too high" or "you can get it somewhere else cheaper" replies. The seller wants to sell an item for what they want to sell the item for. If it's too expensive for you, pass on it. If there's a legit issue with the ad, report it. But the market will dictate whether the asking price is too high. And if you want to keep someone honest, there's more effective ways to do it. The feedback system is one way. Having a public conversation, like in the off-topic section, might be another way. As long as there are no personal attacks, I personally don't care if people disagree publicly. But posting something in ad #2 about the seller's behavior relative to ad #1 is off topic in ad #2. And posting that in ad #1 means very few people would see it. If I'm interested in an item, it's highly unlikely I would take the time to find their old ads to look at the replies.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A lot of new folks here just for the classifieds . Some have even admitted it . Should be a 50 post minimum before you can even access the classifieds . Too harsh ?
    Without directly answering your question about it being too harsh, a 50 post minimum will not work. If someone joins just to post an ad and doesn't care about the discussion, they will just find 50 threads to reply to in order to get their post count up. So now everyone will have 50 threads showing up in their "what's new" pages with replies such as "yeah" or "I know." It happens now when people think they need 10 posts so requiting 50 would be 5x worse.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    A lot of new folks here just for the classifieds . Some have even admitted it . Should be a 50 post minimum before you can even access the classifieds . Too harsh ?
    No, not too harsh at all. I was going to say maybe a 3 month wait as well. Lots of folks from Louisiana Sportsman Classifieds jumping over here now because of all the scams going on over there. Sad thing is they bring the same problems over here. I saw loads of people selling stuff on Louisiana Sportsman that were very questionable. True SBRs (not braced pistols but ones with stocks) and such and honestly that alone is going to get the ATF to "change rules" for the rest of us. Sad. Sort of like the pistol braces... ATF didn't care until tons of people starting making youtube videos of them shouldering the braces. Just calling attention and making it worse for the rest of us.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Without directly answering your question about it being too harsh, a 50 post minimum will not work. If someone joins just to post an ad and doesn't care about the discussion, they will just find 50 threads to reply to in order to get their post count up. So now everyone will have 50 threads showing up in their "what's new" pages with replies such as "yeah" or "I know." It happens now when people think they need 10 posts so requiting 50 would be 5x worse.
    Yeah , I guess so . I just wish there was a way to weed out the opportunists .

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    You are right. I read posts 100 times more then I make them. I think a "waiting period" (LOL) of maybe 1 to 3 months might solve the problem but then again the abusers would just find a way around that like they always do.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You are right. I read posts 100 times more then I make them. I think a "waiting period" (LOL) of maybe 1 to 3 months might solve the problem but then again the abusers would just find a way around that like they always do.

That punishes the ones who join because they want to contribute or want to ask for help. As long as there are people who want to take advantage, there's no perfect solution. I think the limit right now is one post with the hope they will introduce themselves in the new member introduction section. Maybe the solution is people with zero posts can only see that one section and they must start a thread before the rest of the site shows up in their browser. I don't know if the site can be coded for such a restriction.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    That punishes the ones who join because they want to contribute or want to ask for help. As long as there are people who want to take advantage, there's no perfect solution. I think the limit right now is one post with the hope they will introduce themselves in the new member introduction section. Maybe the solution is people with zero posts can only see that one section and they must start a thread before the rest of the site shows up in their browser. I don't know if the site can be coded for such a restriction.
    That's a good idea.

SPEN.SURRR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2023
    New Orleans
    We never agreed on a time or place to meet. Another user offered me what I was asking and I sold it to him. Welcome to any business transaction ever, cannot understand why you’re butt hurt. Legit closed the deal with someone on this site, that’s the point of it.

Screw feedback, did I stand someone up? No.

Did I sell a broken or flawed product? No.

I won’t have any issue selling in the future.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    We never agreed on a time or place to meet. Another user offered me what I was asking and I sold it to him. Welcome to any business transaction ever, cannot understand why you’re butt hurt. Legit closed the deal with someone on this site, that’s the point of it.

Screw feedback, did I stand someone up? No.

Did I sell a broken or flawed product? No.

I won’t have any issue selling in the future.

Personally I’ve accepted lower offers on items and then had others offer my original price, I’ve never backed out on my original deal even tho it’s for less.

On the other hand I’ve had many people back out of deals on me for all sorts of reasons and I never got upset, I just move on without getting emotional.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Personally I’ve accepted lower offers on items and then had others offer my original price, I’ve never backed out on my original deal even tho it’s for less.

On the other hand I’ve had many people back out of deals on me for all sorts of reasons and I never got upset, I just move on without getting emotional.
    This^^

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Screw feedback,
    THIS tells everyone exactly who you are. This community uses feedback and appreciates it.

You texted me and said "ok" to my offer then turned around and sold it for the original price. That's not the real issue though... After I called you on that you called me a "p u s s y" in a text message. You obviously have no integrity and think you can mouth off at anyone at anytime.

SPEN.SURRR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2023
    New Orleans
    W
    THIS tells everyone exactly who you are. This community uses feedback and appreciates it.

You texted me and said "ok" to my offer then turned around and sold it for the original price. That's not the real issue though... After I called you on that you called me a "p u s s y" in a text message. You obviously have no integrity and think you can mouth off at anyone at anytime.
    Wrong. I said you just have gotten your ***** hurt. After your replies in a way that sounded like it did.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    W

Wrong. I said you just have gotten your ***** hurt. After your replies in a way that sounded like it did.
    So saying "we had a deal" is a reason to reply like you did? I already know what kind of person you are and the more you post messages like this and the rely to falshooter I think everyone here will also know. Did you even read the forum rules before you signed up? How about the part that said "treat others like you would want to be treated?" I guess you have no respect for anyone... not even yourself.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just as a reminder, here are the forum rules:

And here are the marketplace rules:

This is addressed to everyone, not to any specific person. We will enforce the rules as needed and not because any one person feels someone else has broken the rules. We try, for the most part, to let the users sort stuff out rather than heavy handedly moderate posts. For example, the rules say to stay on topic. We do not take admin action every time someone strays off topic. If things get too far off topic, we may decide that closing the thread is the appropriate reaction. And these rules apply to this forum. We will generally not consider stuff that happens away from this forum unless there is something serious like evidence of threats that stemmed from a forum discussion. If anyone has a question about why a mod did or didn't do something, please feel free to send a private message. Publicly disputing a mod's decision will likely shift the focus from what you are talking about to you.

Top Bottom