New project. For Duck hunters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I recently had a client come to me and ask for an idea for a gift for his hunting partner (his grandson). He said that he wanted it to be funny as he and the young man are always trying to one up each other. I asked him what they enjoyed hunting the most and he replied "DUCKS!". I told him that I had a couple of ideas and asked if he wanted to choose and he replied "surprise me" so I went to work. I have a bunch of old single shot parts that aren't worth much so I figured I'd start by removing the trigger spring and the firing pin (for safety's sake) and rendering the shotgun unusable. Then I went thru and found some wood that would work with it. I cleaned things up, and did a quick blast on them. This is when I thought to myself.... "Self, what could I do so that I could get a laugh?" So I proceeded to bend the barrel so that it seem to point up and over the right shoulder. I then TIG'd a mirror on to the barrel so that it's looking over the right shoulder as to say that the young man would have a better chance shooting behind him than in front of him. I thought it was funny, I'm not sure he will but it was worth a shot... pun intended... I then painted the metal and voila! A work of art.
    ujudata3.jpg

I still need to add a set of cross hairs to the mirror for effect, but as far as I'm concerned it should get a couple laughs.
    amury6e5.jpg
    2uzupuha.jpg

What do y'all think?

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The next one will be a flat black color with a rail. I'm going to name it the E.F.Tactical. Lol.
    He just picked it up, I thought he was going to **** himself. I'm just glad he was happy with it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Antho88
    Top Bottom