New Ruger SP101 in 22LR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    This is of interest, so long as it's well below what a S&W costs. $500 would probably be the absolute ceiling for me though, which may be asking too much of them (but not an unreasonable standard when considering the used Smith market).

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    They cost more than the 357's? I still want one.

It also does not look as sexy as the regular sp101 with that small profile barrel.

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I can't decide whether to buy an SP101 or the Single Ten! It'll mostly get used at the Range so the Single Ten with a longer barrel and 2 extra rounds will probably win. It might make the occassional hike or fishing trip and I'd like to use 22 subsonic rounds on backyard squirrels but I don't see a DA as having a great advantage in that use.
    Any SA vs DA thoughts? And please don't recomend BOTH. Some many guns so little money!

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    I can't decide whether to buy an SP101 or the Single Ten! It'll mostly get used at the Range so the Single Ten with a longer barrel and 2 extra rounds will probably win. It might make the occassional hike or fishing trip and I'd like to use 22 subsonic rounds on backyard squirrels but I don't see a DA as having a great advantage in that use.
    Any SA vs DA thoughts? And please don't recomend BOTH. Some many guns so little money!

I recently bought a Single Six. It's a fun little cowboy gun. Depending on price, I probably would have gone with the SP.22 (wouldn't be a question if I didn't already have a 4" Diamondback in .22) If the cowboy experience doesn't really float your boat, then what you have at the end of the day is a single action .22 that requires single-round loading/extraction, compared to 6 in/6 out convenience. So, a trail gun may/may not hold much of an advantage, but as a range plinker with a milk carton of .22s and no affinity for cowboy shooting, and you'll start to get miffed at the slow loading/unloading of the Single-Series.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I recently bought a Single Six. It's a fun little cowboy gun. Depending on price, I probably would have gone with the SP.22 (wouldn't be a question if I didn't already have a 4" Diamondback in .22) If the cowboy experience doesn't really float your boat, then what you have at the end of the day is a single action .22 that requires single-round loading/extraction, compared to 6 in/6 out convenience. So, a trail gun may/may not hold much of an advantage, but as a range plinker with a milk carton of .22s and no affinity for cowboy shooting, and you'll start to get miffed at the slow loading/unloading of the Single-Series.

The Sp-101 is 8 shots. :)

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    When did they stop making the SP101 in 22lr? :confused: I dont follow Ruger that closely, but I swear my buddy has had one for every bit of 10 years. Is this a new barrel length or what gives? I guess I need to start following companies other than S&W........

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    When did they stop making the SP101 in 22lr? :confused: I dont follow Ruger that closely, but I swear my buddy has had one for every bit of 10 years. Is this a new barrel length or what gives? I guess I need to start following companies other than S&W........

Yeah they made them awhile back and I can't say how long they've been out of production. I guess Ruger had heard enough bitching and gave into customers demands. I had one on my wish list but the used ones required a princely sum.

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Yeah they made them awhile back and I can't say how long they've been out of production. I guess Ruger had heard enough bitching and gave into customers demands. I had one on my wish list but the used ones required a princely sum.

Got ya, I knew I wasn't dreaming.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom