New Scope Installed!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Not sure , but id venture to say you have it mounted a bit back, scope should have 3.5" of eye relief minimum. kinda looks like youll be too close and could end up with a black eye. just my unwanted advice, in case you werent aware. If you arent sure exactly on the eye relief just make sure that when your sighting, you can pass 3 fingers between ur eye and the scope. also invest in a scope shade, with the larger MM recticles, its always a good bet, even if you just go with a 2.5 inch one. youll see a major difference in clarity on a sunny day at the range.

coltaholic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Tampa Bay, florida
    'd agree--three weeks ago, a guy at thr range where I am R O, showed up with a 30-06 rem 700 that some "tactical" gunshop had installed and "boresighted",--we questioned him about it--- he blew us off and on the first shot the emer squad carted him away with a broken nose and eye socket. ---that scope looks way too far back to me.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    might want to look at a B&C medalist stock. I have a 10fp in .223. Best thing I did was getting rid of the rubber stock that came with it.

Top Bottom