New shotgun- Stoeger Coachgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Lafayette ,Slidell,Abbeville
    Today I went with my dad to Academy and he got himself a Stoeger Coachgun. Its a side by side shotgun with a 20 inch barrel. This little thing is beefy to !! Im in love with it actually haha.

This is just a photo I found online. I dont have any photos of it yet but in about an hour I am going to go make a video of us shooting it and I will post it. The wood on ours is darker than the picture with no oil finsih.

Today my camera **** out on me so I will be using my dads little video camera. Its not a really good one so the quality will not be as goo as my other youtube videos. My youtube channel is CPLPrimeaux if any of you guys are interested. I have a tannerite video and some other cool videos. I plan on making more to . Underwater videos,trapping,allkinds of outdoor stuff.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/stoeger coachgun/russ5288/IMG_1954-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

willb5678

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I saw one of these at Bass Pro the other day. Would've bought it if the girlfriend wouldn't have been with me. Glad I saw this post, I'm gunna sneak away and go get one this week. :mamoru:

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Its a great gun. It was the only one Academy had and it was a display . The ejector doesnt work. God knows how long it was a display gun, being opened and closed, over and over. Other than that its golden. Im sure a non display will run like a champ.
    Overall we are still pretty happy with it. Plus he has a 38spl as well so he can grab that if he has to as well if he doesnt have time to pull spent rounds out a barrel. Im sure it will be alright htough.

Edit: After watching other coachgun vids, none of theirs ejects the spent rounds either. I dont htink my dads is defected at all. I think its just a Stoeger coachgun thing. All out other crack barrel shotguns throw the spent rounds out about 3 feet.

Heres the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkDkDaIJ14M&feature=g-upl

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Nice Shorts. :rofl:

Seriously though, looks like a fun gun. A few years ago, we got my dad one with exposed hammers. It still hangs above the walkway in moms house.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I don't think the stoeger coach guns have auto ejectors. That's usually a feature on the higher dollar guns. On the other hand I really like those shotguns. I want to cut one down to a SBS and go mad max on some watermelons!

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Yeah I realized they dont eject them like my others so started watching videos and noone elses did either. That would be awesome.

Like this ? I love em like this:
    SawnoffShotgun3.jpg

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    The Stoeger doesnt throw the shells out like in the video. You have to pull them out. Thats the only thing I dont like about it. Everything else is great.

A side-by-side shotgun's chambers can be polished out with a brake cylinder hone on a hand drill...makes it easier and faster to dump empty hulls.
    The Flex-Hone is made for the purpose. It looks like a brush with balls of abrasive on the ends of the bristles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzAm5Ni0QCw

Use brass shells not alum. the alum will not drop out like brass shell.

Last edited:

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    And if I ever wander down that way, I've got some "speshul" shells I load up - I'll give you a few to slip in your Dad's box-o-shells!

Not a magnum type recoil, but massive boom, smoke & flame! (Yep, black powder!)

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    dude, you need to put dragons breath in both barrels and pull both triggers at once. be sure to youtube it if you do, i really would love to see that.
    And say "get off my lawn" before you shoot like the old man from grand torino.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom