New Taurus Guns.... Flame War?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Taurus's New Team Member

Taurus has taken a huge step in the right direction. http://www.taurususa.com/news-detail.cfm?newsID=40

Well said Sir:}

As ole Loyd McCloud used to say "Taurus" #1 and widening the gap...Or was he talking about TV's I forget now?

WOW.....Taurus's new team member:}
    I like DAT me!!!

vp0vnmrsbq66cs39o1t5.jpg

Last edited:

Southpaw76

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Well I own a PT145 Millenium Pro and I'm happy with it. I carry a Glock21SF as my primary, but my Taurus sees it's fair share of carry time. Especially when the temps climb during the summer.

Coreyshort83

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Morgan city
    My pt140 gen3 had less then 400 rd fired through it. I have had over six mis fires and on the last two misfires in a row the piece of junk locked up would not open to save a life. It's now in the bayou and I have a g26:)! I sure could kick my ass for buying that thing you get what you pay for.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    No experience with the semi-autos, but the 2 Taurus 605 5-shot revolvers (one Blued one SS) that shoot 38/357 have been great guns, IMO. I wrote extensively about the SS model I purchased from a gun show. Sold as "new" but turned out to have been extensively and HARD used! It had problem after problem and I sent it back to Taurus, not expecting too much because the gun had obviously been worked on and used a LOT.

Took quite a while to get action, but Taurus after about 6 months sent me a brand new SS revolver as a replacement! Free. For the price of a gun show model that had been abused. Gotta like Taurus' style! :)

Liked it so much I bought the blued one to keep company in my safe! :D But I really like my 2 Tauri and have had no further troubles with them.

I look at the Taurus forum (TaurusArmed.com) and have noticed that in the complaints section it goes about 6-7 to 1 problems with the semis vs. the revolvers. Looks like the semis aren't quite "ironed out" yet, while the revolvers are more simple questions. I think Taurus makes a kick-ass revolver from my experience. Ant the company (new management) is OK in my book , also.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Here comes the JUDGE!

No experience with the semi-autos, but the 2 Taurus 605 5-shot revolvers (one Blued one SS) that shoot 38/357 have been great guns, IMO. I wrote extensively about the SS model I purchased from a gun show. Sold as "new" but turned out to have been extensively and HARD used!

Took quite a while to get action, but Taurus after about 6 months sent me a brand new SS revolver as a replacement! Free. For the price of a gun show model that had been abused. Gotta like Taurus' style! :)

Mislead by someone from a Gun Show on a purchase say it wasn't so lol...Sorry you had to experience that:{

Taurus is a fine weapon IMHO. I've had and still have several, P92, Judge Full Size, 94 revolver only problems I've had is lite strikes with the 94 sent it back to mother "T" they returned it ready to go.

Haters gotta hate lol

Peace B With U!

y9gqwrpqd1hgu698edwk.jpg

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have a handful of Tauri and never a problem with any of them at all. They are a great value. As for the money comment above, if money wasnt a concern of course everyone would buy a colt wheel gun over a taurus, but since money is a concern to most, taurus has its place. The 24/7 .40 I have fits my hand better than almost any semi out there. Recently bought a tcp and for $200 new, it is very hard to beat. It is ugly, bust so are its competitors at double the price.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I bought a early 709 slim loved the look and dimensions, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't make it reliable enough to carry, which is hard to justify on a carry gun, so I got Khar CW .40 and never looked back.........

Top Bottom