New Taurus Guns.... Flame War?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I like the idea of what they got going, those new G2 24/7's look like a good idea, pretty much "glock" like with a decocker/safety, also the TCP and 709 slim catch my eye, but after shooting a pt101, and having the take down lever break off and go 4 feet down range totally turned me off...

My understanding is that the newer ones had several issues addressed.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    My 1st gun was a pt92 beretta clone. Was a terrible shot with it... Moved on and got a beretta cougar in 45. Not much better shot. So I found a great deal on a fm high power, and suddenly I could hit anything at any distance.

Had a few taurus and beretta guns since. Only one I have kept is the raging bull in 44mag. Very nice gun, well made, well fitted, good trigger and it is accurate. I had a pt11 and did not care for it. I would not bother with a taurus semi again, better stuff out there, coughglockcough.

I do like the polymer revos, might ride better IWB??

As for the judge, not much point shooting 454 out of it, as the rifling is not as pronounced as a real gun, and not as accurate. They had to put some rifling in there as you cannot sell a "pistol" shotgun with a barrel under 18". They shoot 410 buckshot the best from what I have seen.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Looks like a Glock, an M&P and an H&K had a little 3-way par-tay one night... just sayin

04_3.jpg

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    I own three Taurus handguns along with my Smiths, Glocks, Rugers, etc. All are fine guns. Have a PT 140, PT 145 and PT 1911. All have been flawless. Just my 2 cents. I would like to get another PT 145 by the end of the year to keep in my truck.

I guess I got a few good ones and have not had to use their warranty service so far.

Puddle Pirate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    I bought my wife a 709/Slim about a month ago. She has small hands and after trying out a bunch of guns over the last 6 months she liked it the best. I took it to the range and shot it side by side with a Keltec PF9. I have to say I really like the gun a lot. I like it so much in fact that I am going to have to get myself one in stainless. I have almost 400 rounds down it and so far it has worked flawlessly.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I bought my wife a 709/Slim about a month ago. She has small hands and after trying out a bunch of guns over the last 6 months she liked it the best. I took it to the range and shot it side by side with a Keltec PF9. I have to say I really like the gun a lot. I like it so much in fact that I am going to have to get myself one in stainless. I have almost 400 rounds down it and so far it has worked flawlessly.

Good to know!

dboy225

SwampThang™
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I absolutely freakin' LOVE my Taurus 24/7 Pro .45!!! Reliability-wise you can put it up against the best of them. Don't forget that the 24/7 Pro was the NRA's pistol of the year in 2005..and was the platform Taran Butler used when he broke the Steel Challenge world record by hitting four, 12" targets from 30' at the World Speed Shooting Championship (in .97 seconds!!). Oh yeh I almost forgot, throughout the entire competition more than 10,000 malfunction-free rounds (Winchester) were fired through the 24/7 Pro...now that's a work horse!

And when it comes to metallurgy, Taurus actually is in the top tier of ALL firearms manufacturers. These guys know their steel better than most! They even make the CNC machines that make their parts. Throw in an Unlimited Lifetime Warranty and you've got a match made in heaven. I really don't see why so many folks talk down on them when they are one of the best firearms manufacturers worldwide! Too funny...go on ahead and save up for that Sig, or that H&K...meanwhile I'll just walk into Academy with $350, walk out with a G2 and be shooting before you're even done googling for that magical rollmark! :rockon:

Last edited:

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge

I love mine too. Now if I could only get night sights for it.

Last edited:

Phr0st

Whats a custom user title
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    I absolutely freakin' LOVE my Taurus 24/7 Pro .45!!! Reliability-wise you can put it up against the best of them. Don't forget that the 24/7 Pro was the NRA's pistol of the year in 2005..and was the platform Taran Butler used when he broke the Steel Challenge world record by hitting four, 12" targets from 30' at the World Speed Shooting Championship (in .97 seconds!!). Oh yeh I almost forgot, throughout the entire competition more than 10,000 malfunction-free rounds (Winchester) were fired through the 24/7 Pro...now that's a work horse!

And when it comes to metallurgy, Taurus actually is in the top tier of ALL firearms manufacturers. These guys know their steel better than most! They even make the CNC machines that make their parts. Throw in an Unlimited Lifetime Warranty and you've got a match made in heaven. I really don't see why so many folks talk down on them when they are one of the best firearms manufacturers worldwide! Too funny...go on ahead and save up for that Sig, or that H&K...meanwhile I'll just walk into Academy with $350, walk out with a G2 and be shooting before you're even done googling for that magical rollmark! :rockon:

I make a very sincere applaud to you sir for using the search function. I actually haven't seen the 24/7 pro and now that you have revived this 2 year old thread, I may go pick one up next check. :bowdown:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

This is a very old thread.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    In order for me to get involved in a flame war you'd have to pick a subject that I care about. New Taurus? Yawn, sniff, roll over, scratch balls, go back to sleep.

Dave

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Talking the talk one thing WALKING THE WALK that's another story:}

As I've often remarked....When you can shoot the best why worry about the rest:}

Taurus PT 24/7 OSS DS 45
    I like MINE me!
    Rebuttle anyone?

a921m8eualw0fhhycac5.jpg

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    Maybe the 24/7's are OK, but I was the owner of the Taurus pt101 that the take down lever broke. Since then, I picked up a Rossi(Braztech AKA Taurus) revolver. The firing pin broke not once, but twice! First, time I sent it back for warranty and that took only 4 months. Second time, I went to a gunsmith to fix because I didn't want to wait. Sometimes I think about picking up a Taurus because they look so cool, but then I punch myself in the face and flush 300 dollars down the toilet. I only stick with glock, beretta, and hk for semi's now. All you guys that had good experiences should consider yourselves lucky.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom