New Tint Law?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bishop

The real Top Gun
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The Shadows
    You know, I was sitting here and just thought of something but definately reminds me of what this post is like. I know some of you ex-military guys are going to hate me now for saying this but I'm an MP (Military Police). Someone made the statement that LEO's are held to a higher standard and this popped in my mind. To be an MP in the ARMY, everything you do and say is being watched and heard by everyone. MP's are held to a higher standard because we are suppose to uphold the law. Other MOS's (especially infantry) hate the MP's because we show up when they do bad things and get a citation or arrested for it (or maybe even an ass whoopin with a billy club). This post is just like the ARMY but it's civilians complaining about their LEO's instead of the ARMY and it's MP's. If it's illegal, don't do it. It's just that easy.

I mean think about it people, if you get a ticket on the way to work. Do you get suspended without pay? Even if you do your job correctly, do you have to go before a judge and explain yourself to him of why you did what you did? Do you have to worry about getting sued because someone thinks you did something wrong at work and now you're stressed out for the next couple of years about losing your job, house, and your savings? The answer is NO unless your a LEO.

The real arguement here is with the laws, not the LEO's. Once everyone realizes this, everything will be alot easier.

P.S. Not a Garrison MP either, Combat MP here so don't hate me :)

Bishop

The real Top Gun
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The Shadows
    When they are out of uniform they are not :o

eta for clarification: by out of uniform i meant off duty. :o

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. I have run into numerous people I have arrested on the streets in plain clothes/off duty and they asked if I remembered them and even told me who I worked for. That is definately worse and catches you off gaurd than when you're working and in uniform. Then you might have your family with you as well and then they know what your family looks like and what you drive as a personal vehicle in some cases. I definately say that it is not anymore safer being off-duty rather than on, if not worse.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    You know, I was sitting here and just thought of something but definately reminds me of what this post is like. I know some of you ex-military guys are going to hate me now for saying this but I'm an MP (Military Police). Someone made the statement that LEO's are held to a higher standard and this popped in my mind. To be an MP in the ARMY, everything you do and say is being watched and heard by everyone. MP's are held to a higher standard because we are suppose to uphold the law. Other MOS's (especially infantry) hate the MP's because we show up when they do bad things and get a citation or arrested for it (or maybe even an ass whoopin with a billy club). This post is just like the ARMY but it's civilians complaining about their LEO's instead of the ARMY and it's MP's. If it's illegal, don't do it. It's just that easy.

I mean think about it people, if you get a ticket on the way to work. Do you get suspended without pay? Even if you do your job correctly, do you have to go before a judge and explain yourself to him of why you did what you did? Do you have to worry about getting sued because someone thinks you did something wrong at work and now you're stressed out for the next couple of years about losing your job, house, and your savings? The answer is NO unless your a LEO.

The real arguement here is with the laws, not the LEO's. Once everyone realizes this, everything will be alot easier.

P.S. Not a Garrison MP either, Combat MP here so don't hate me :)

I would have to say there are many jobs/careers out there that you have to watch everything you do or you could be called on the carpet. For example, I work in the Operations Dept at a nuclear power plant. You think we are held to a higher standard? Fitness for duty, pee int he bottle, restrictions when you can and cannot drink on YOUR own time. Everything you do is scrutinized. Continuous training and exams. I don't know how many people I have told that I have an exam I am studying for and they ask where I go to school. When I mention no it is at work I get all kinds of looks. Yes if I get a ticket or get arrested I have to worry about my job because I can loose my security clearance.

There are probably many careers out there that are held to a higher standard other then LEOs but we just don't think of them or aren't aware of them.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    How about

This!

We need to be working from here forward. I still have yet to get any good reasoning as to why a officers unit needs to be blacked out.

IIRC, there was the puppy dog transport which was debunked with the A/C unit (also just the rear of these units). There was also to hide weapons and goodies from plain sight, which is debunked simply by looking through the front windshield.

What else?

Did anyone try "to shield the identity of victims/witnesses/confidential informants when they are needed to positively identify suspects and their homes and vehicles"?

Just wondering?

JR1572

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    When they are out of uniform they are not :o

eta for clarification: by out of uniform i meant off duty. :o

Right, because I have never been approached off duty with my family by more than one person who I have arrested that called me out by name?

If I am in uniform I guess i am invisible?

So there is no chance of me beinf targeted just because I am a LEO even though not on duty?

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Did anyone try "to shield the identity of victims/witnesses/confidential informants when they are needed to positively identify suspects and their homes and vehicles"?

Just wondering?

JR1572

Somewhat valid reason. Begs the question of how was this done before the tint began showing up on the majority of the units?

Also is this done moreso with marked or unmarked cars?

Anything else?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Ok

Somewhat valid reason. Begs the question of how was this done before the tint began showing up on the majority of the units?

Also is this done moreso with marked or unmarked cars?

Anything else?

I don't know how it was done before tint, and that doesn't matter.

To answer the other question, unmarked units.

And furthermore, who made you the expert on valid reasons for LE vehicles to have tinted windows?

If I have anymore questions or suggestions, I will make sure I ask you first.

Thank you,

JR1572

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    I don't know how it was done before tint, and that doesn't matter.

To answer the other question, unmarked units.

And furthermore, who made you the expert on valid reasons for LE vehicles to have tinted windows?

If I have anymore questions or suggestions, I will make sure I ask you first.

Thank you,

JR1572
    So you are ignorant on pre-tint procedures and it does not matter to you. Go figure.

Unmarked units. Ok noted.

The discussion has been off topic at times but the jist of it is a law that will omit medical exemptions for tint for us plain folk, and also the added feature under C. #4 which exempts LE from the law. Nolacop has already pointed out the most valid reason for the lay folk not to have tint. I simply like an open debate and am currently fielding reasons as to why LE feels it necessary to be exempted from the law. Most of the reasons have been poor at best.

But anything new you can muster we will be glad to review, then accept or debunk.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    The discussion has been off topic at times but the jist of it is a law that will omit medical exemptions for tint for us plain folk, and also the added feature under C. #4 which exempts LE from the law. Nolacop has already pointed out the most valid reason for the lay folk not to have tint. I simply like an open debate and am currently fielding reasons as to why LE feels it necessary to be exempted from the law. Most of the reasons have been poor at best.

But anything new you can muster we will be glad to review, then accept or debunk.

The best why I can give you is probably the oldest one of all.
    (And least liked)

They're the police, they can do what they want whether you like it or not.

:D

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Ok

So you ignorant on pre-tint procedures and it does not matter to you. Go figure.

Unmarked units. Ok noted.

1) LE vehicles are exempt.
    2) OK.
    3) The medical exemption is a joke, and a large majority of the ones I have seen are not signed by LSP.
    4) My unit has dark tint, my personal vehicle has legal tint.

Unlike others, I'm not fired up over this.

If anyone has issues with this law, or others, contact your legislators.

JR1572

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    The best why I can give you is probably the oldest one of all.
    (And least liked)

They're the police, they can do what they want whether you like it or not.

:D

Only within the confines of the law they take an oath to uphold. Take C. #4 out that bill and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    3) The medical exemption is a joke, and a large majority of the ones I have seen are not signed by LSP.

If anyone has issues with this law, or others, contact your legislators.

JR1572

Wait a sec. The docs had to be signed off on by LSP? Did the doctor need to contact them too or did he just sent the medical record over for review? :rofl: This is gettin better and better.

I agree with the contacting of the legislators, but I am pretty sure this decision has already been made and is a done deal.

Last edited:

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    C#4 exempts vehicles owned by LE agencies or by individual officers?

JR1572

I guess it would be non-privately owned vehicles, but I could be wrong.

"(4) Publicly owned law enforcement vehicles other than those vehicles owned or used by the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries."

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Ok, C4 exempts LE departmental vehicles.

The medical exemption has to be signed by the physician and sent to the LSP for approval. I don't know if medical records are involved or not. Check the LSP website, LSP.org.

JR1572

Last edited:
    Top Bottom