New to CC looking for good belt.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sTeezZy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2015
    Madisonville, LA
    Greeting everyone. I'm new to CC having just received my license not long ago and I'm ready to get my CC gear together. I'm certainly a heavier guy 210 (on a good day ;)) @ 5' 7" and I'm looking to carry my G27 at the 4 o'clock position which seems to be the preferred option for heavier guys. Furthermore, after reading countless forum posts the prevailing opinion seems to be to start with a good quality belt. Currently, I'm leaning towards an Aegis Belt (http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=99_107_112); I really like the fact that the buckle system allows for fine adjustments. Does anyone have any experience with these belts or have any personal recommendations? Any help is appreciated.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've been using a wilderness tactical belt for at least 3 years, and I have been very happy with it. (http://www.thewilderness.com/tactical-belts/original-instructor-belt/) it's almost half the cost of the aegis belt, and carries a g19 with no problem.

That being said, I've also been looking into the aegis belt for a while now and I'm interested in others' experience.

I haven't tried the Aegis belt yet, but I've been wearing a Ares Gear Ranger Belt for nearly a year now and love it.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    I've been wearing a belt I got made at Bayou Belts on Jefferson Hwy in Jefferson. The proprietor knows leather. Mine is actually made of a thinner material than he recommends but keeps my cargo shorts up while wandering around with my xds in a sticky or my alien gear tuck 3.0. I realize it's not the worst duty but I like supporting local businesses.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I have a Volund Gearworks Atlas belt for almost a year and half and its great. Still looks new and just as stiff as the day I got it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

sTeezZy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2015
    Madisonville, LA
    I haven't tried the Aegis belt yet, but I've been wearing a Ares Gear Ranger Belt for nearly a year now and love it.

I was also looking into the Ranger belt as an option; however, I had some concerns with the buckle operation. It seems as if it would be possible to accidentally unbuckle the belt due to the location of the latches; please correct me if this is incorrect.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I was also looking into the Ranger belt as an option; however, I had some concerns with the buckle operation. It seems as if it would be possible to accidentally unbuckle the belt due to the location of the latches; please correct me if this is incorrect.

I've yet to accidentally unbuckle the belt. The only downside to the ranger belt, is the size of the buckle, if you're wearing slimmer clothing. My solution to that, is to wear the buckle shifted to one side. Typically, on my weak side.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    A little advice with threading your belt. For some reason I always threaded my belt counterclockwise. With something as heavy as a Glock it wants to pull the belt which allows the holster/firearm to sag anytime your pants are dropped. Thread your belt clockwise and your rig stays tight while you take care of business.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    A little advice with threading your belt. For some reason I always threaded my belt counterclockwise. With something as heavy as a Glock it wants to pull the belt which allows the holster/firearm to sag anytime your pants are dropped. Thread your belt clockwise and your rig stays tight while you take care of business.

Or you can just buy a proper gun belt that supports the weight of whatever you are carrying.

The Ares Gear belts support my Glock 17 and spare magazines very well.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Any solid thick leather belt that you can wear snug with your weapon in place. Why would your CCW belt need to be a fashion statement? It doesn't. Providing that the belt you wear succeeds in holding your pants up and you're gut isn't obtrusive enough to cause you to work around it... you should be fine. You should be able to move your shirt out of the way to employ your weapon... not your body. The biggest force working against your CCW belt is you, not your weapon.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Or you can just buy a proper gun belt that supports the weight of whatever you are carrying.

The Ares Gear belts support my Glock 17 and spare magazines very well.

I wear a Wilderness 5 stitch belt. The loose end would pull thru my pant loops. With my Kahr PM9 not much but with my Glock 30 it was very aggravating. Never tried a different belt. Being an auto tech I like nonmetal buckles.

DynoLa

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Shreveport
    I've been wearing a Wilderness 5 stitch instructor belt for the past few years. It holds my glock 19 in a Galco kydex very well.

Top Bottom