New to LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JIsabelle218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Hello all,
    Just getting settled into North East LA, Bossier City. Finally found the reloading boxes! Yeah! Working on setting up the man cave, but i feel that I will be shunned to the garage. Not to worried about this as of today as we are approaching milder weather. Does anyone think that the garage would suffice as a reloading center in a bayou summer? (How would powder and primers fair out there)

Secondly, anyone in North East LA, I'm looking to pickup some components locally (bullets, primers, powder). Also flirting with the possibility of some shotgun components after seeing that their is a cheap range here on Barksdale. I interested in expanding my horizons a little, and killing a few clay pigeons!

Thanks,
    Izzy

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Hot/cold variations plus humidity is not a good environment to store primers (or powder) but you can store them inside the house and still do the reloading in the garage. Keep the press wiped down. And WELCOME.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Welcome, Izzy!

BTW, did you say Bossier City- by Shreveport? I was thinking Monroe when you said Notheast LA....

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    East & West are easily confused when you first hit La. Everyone I've ever mentioned Louisiana to assumes you live in New Orleans or asks about dealing with hurricanes. Regardless of sentiments in Baton Rouge, there are people that pay taxes, vote (only once per person) and live above I-10.
    Welcome to the forum, Izzy. I use my garage as reloading area and have a heated/cooled area office area in it where I store powder, primers & dies. I normally reload in spring or fall weather. Too hot and too many skeeters/creatures during summer.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    East & West are easily confused when you first hit La. Everyone I've ever mentioned Louisiana to assumes you live in New Orleans or asks about dealing with hurricanes. Regardless of sentiments in Baton Rouge, there are people that pay taxes, vote (only once per person) and live above I-10.
    Welcome to the forum, Izzy. I use my garage as reloading area and have a heated/cooled area office area in it where I store powder, primers & dies. I normally reload in spring or fall weather. Too hot and too many skeeters/creatures during summer.

Storm-

On behalf of the people of the Greater Baton Rouge and New Orleans areas, I hereby acknowledge thee a citizen of The Great State Of Louisiana- The Bayou* State!

*Bayou n.
    1.A body of water, such as a creek or small river, that is a tributary of a larger body of water.
    2.A sluggish stream that meanders through lowlands, marshes, or plantation grounds.
    [Louisiana French bayouque, bayou, possibly from Choctaw bayuk.]

:rofl:

JIsabelle218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Well I am all settled into the house, and here's a little update. Was able to win the battle ;-) of placing the entire reloading ensemble inside. . . plenty of room in my little room/office/man cave.

Now the quest is on for local primers, bullets, and powder - the stockpile is dwindling

CZAR- I'm completely new the the whole shotgun thing, although i do own a couple. Would love to go hit up barksdale's range with someone who knows what they are doing around skeet/trap. Hell I barely know the difference.

Izzy

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Welcome to the neighborhood. Supplies have gotten a bit thin around here.

Clarks on HWY 80 in Princeton has some things, you just have to check often.
    Ron's on Old Minden Rd has somethings as well.
    Bass Pro, powder prices had been pretty good but selection was always limited. Haven't been in a while so I don't know what they have now.
    There is a fellow in Greenwood who has supplies, PM me if you want more info, I will have to look for his card.

Primers? Slim and None, mostely none.

Contact me by PM if you want more info, places to shoot, ect...

Gar10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Benton
    The guy in Green wood LA, mnop308 is talking about in Custom Ballistics Inc. located at 10188 Elysian Fields Road Greenwood LA 71033 Phone number is 318-938-7658. Hope this helps you out.

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    Well I am all settled into the house, and here's a little update. Was able to win the battle ;-) of placing the entire reloading ensemble inside. . . plenty of room in my little room/office/man cave.

Now the quest is on for local primers, bullets, and powder - the stockpile is dwindling

CZAR- I'm completely new the the whole shotgun thing, although i do own a couple. Would love to go hit up barksdale's range with someone who knows what they are doing around skeet/trap. Hell I barely know the difference.

Izzy

You can try Cash-in-a-Flash on N. Market for some of that stuff...ask for Jerome'

Do you do any other shooting besides shotgun?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom