New to me Colt agent.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Im not much into wheel guns but I came across this little gun and its pretty sweet.
    IMG_20120805_140912.jpg

IMG_20120805_140804.jpg

J

jayd

Now go find these wood grips and grip adaptor Ben
    They wont print or stick in your pocket when pulling it out

Grips001-1.jpg

marmy7451

Bill
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Livingston Parish
    One of the best pocket guns ever!!

I have been carrying an agent for many years. I had it rebarrelled with a 3", a shroud over the hammer , Sile skip checkered grips and a tyler Tee Grip. It has digested better than 10000 rounds, some +P but most just for range use as I use it as a teaching gun. Had it refinished in Tuff Gun with electroless Ni cylinder and the rest black, Got a rebarrelled Detective Special being done now with electroless Ni frame and black cylinder and shroud an Tee grip and Sile grips, They are comfortable in pocket holsters from Pocket Concealment Systems and Triple K. These are the two smoothest actions I have ever owned and the action jobs were by Frank Genusa in Denham Springs.

Treasure it, it is from a magical time in wheel guns and self defense.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I've never heard of Frank Genusa. But gunsmiths who can work with the Colt Police Positive action are becoming more and more rare. I sent my primary carry gun, a Colt Cobra 1955, to Grant Cunningham for his carry package. But he has a long waiting list that only opens up occasionally now. I had to wait over a year to get the work done the first time. Now I've added a 1952 Colt Police Positive Special to collection and would like the stacking diminished so that it is the same as the Cobra. If there's a local gunsmith who can do that work I'd like to be able to reach him. Would you send me the contact information please?

BamBam you have most likely a late 1980's model there judging by the finsh, barrel shroud, front sight, etc. Someone has also cut the hammer for you. Not a problem unless you were collecting it instead of using it.

Dave

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've never heard of Frank Genusa. But gunsmiths who can work with the Colt Police Positive action are becoming more and more rare. I sent my primary carry gun, a Colt Cobra 1955, to Grant Cunningham for his carry package. But he has a long waiting list that only opens up occasionally now. I had to wait over a year to get the work done the first time. Now I've added a 1952 Colt Police Positive Special to collection and would like the stacking diminished so that it is the same as the Cobra. If there's a local gunsmith who can do that work I'd like to be able to reach him. Would you send me the contact information please?

BamBam you have most likely a late 1980's model there judging by the finsh, barrel shroud, front sight, etc. Someone has also cut the hammer for you. Not a problem unless you were collecting it instead of using it.

Dave

Frank Genusa owns Money Matters on Florida Blvd. near Pelican Pawn in Denham Springs.
    Here you go.
    Money Matters
    1315 Florida Blvd. Denham Springs, La.
    225-664-8685

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    OK I brought my PPS to him today to lighten up the DA pull and reduce the stacking. So far... he's a VERY nice guy who seems very knowledgeable. He's only about 4 minutes from my house.

Dave

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom