New toy, 200mw 532nm green laser

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Had bought a couple of inexpensive ones off of ebay to play around with and like most things I do, I wind up having to buy a better version of one. Did some research and decided to go with one from a company that a lot of people on some other forums had suggested. The ebay ones are very hit or miss with their power ratings being very under or over rated.

Wound up picking up a 200mw 532nm one. Didnt want much more power than that. If using in any way that it can reflect back on your eyes, you need IR goggles. At night this thing is amazing. Its a very bright green beam that looks like it touches any star you point it at. Much more so than any other inexpensive one I have bought.

Forgot to take a pic of my actual one I have.
    20111208180355468.jpg

http://laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=77#

popping balloons

Last edited:

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Awesome! I picked up a 1 watt (1000mw) blue from Texas Laser Systems. I agree, ebay seems really sketchy as to what you might get. My housing looks almost exactly like yours, triple lock, FDA sticker, etc. They are loads of fun if you are careful! For indoor use, I picked up a 6-pack of the red laser safety goggles.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Awesome! I picked up a 1 watt (1000mw) blue from Texas Laser Systems. I agree, ebay seems really sketchy as to what you might get. My housing looks almost exactly like yours, triple lock, FDA sticker, etc. They are loads of fun if you are careful! For indoor use, I picked up a 6-pack of the red laser safety goggles.

I will probably one day soon pick up something more powerful and in a different color. I bought a couple pairs of the red goggles too. Definitely need them.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Do what does one do with said laser...? Cook meat from distances?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    Wicked lasers makes some pretty insane lasers, ones that you MUST wear protective eye ware when using. They even have a "light saber" made to accept their lasers. And you and everyone around you should have darkened lenses for safety.

Heck they have their own built in security so people you don't trust cant pick em up and start using em.

Let me go grab a warning from their site.. Wickedlasers.com

I WISH i could afford one, or rather give my wife a good reason on why i should spend the cash on one. So far the best i cane come up with is "its a freakin laser beam!"
    paqyteru.jpg

Yeah, don't point it at a SATELLITE. I want it...

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Wicked lasers makes some pretty insane lasers, ones that you MUST wear protective eye ware when using. They even have a "light saber" made to accept their lasers. And you and everyone around you should have darkened lenses for safety.

Heck they have their own built in security so people you don't trust cant pick em up and start using em.

I WISH i could afford one, or rather give my wife a good reason on why i should spend the cash on one. So far the best i cane come up with is "its a freakin laser beam!"
    paqyteru.jpg

My neighbor has one. He brings it out on New Years Eve and shines it into the smoke from fireworks...MILES away. It looks pretty damn cool! Aren't they like $300ish bucks?

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    My neighbor has one. He brings it out on New Years Eve and shines it into the smoke from fireworks...MILES away. It looks pretty damn cool! Aren't they like $300ish bucks?

Yea ~$300 i think is their core line. They have a couple up in the $600 range too.
    I think color has a good bit to do with price also, ohhh the trouble i would get into with one of them lol. That or their flashlight that can cook an egg/start a fire would be fun too lol.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The fact that a battery powered pocket sized laser has a warning that it could damage satellites is incredible. We've got to be getting close to retiring the firearms and carrying blasters instead!!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The fact that a battery powered pocket sized laser has a warning that it could damage satellites is incredible. We've got to be getting close to retiring the firearms and carrying blasters instead!!!

Uhm. I want a Phaser bitch.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Reported Post by Dishonored

Dishonored has reported a post.

Reason:
    because he is a douche ;)
    Forum: Lights & Optics
    Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: AustinBR
    Original Content:

Uhm. I want a Phaser bitch.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville

paqyteru.jpg

Wickedlasers are overpriced and their service is supposed to be pretty unreliable at best. They do not have a great reputation on the forums that I have read. You can get just as powerful or more and better quality for much less.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom