New Toy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    1911.jpg

1911-1.jpg

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    My girlfriend was made in Brazil. Is its quality as high for firearms...haha? Seriously, I would love to hear a review. Which model is that?

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    i havent had a chance to take it to the range yet. Got it last night so snapped a few pics. The only complaint I have about it at the moment would be the factory mags. They don't seem to want to feed correctly with 8 rds in them and they hang up a little bit. I could just be used to my flawless HK mags tho.:D Anyways, everything else seems great. I will prob order a couple nicer mag and see if that helps out any. (btw, I was feeding rounded FMJ ammo through it, so that shouldn't have been the problem with hanging up, Im 99% sure its the mags.)

Also, with that being said. Does anybody have any suggestions on a more reliable mag for the gun? Thanks.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Jphil87 had feeding problems with his factory springfield mag... he got a Wilson Combat mag and it feeds fine, even hollowpoints.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    Jphil87 had feeding problems with his factory springfield mag... he got a Wilson Combat mag and it feeds fine, even hollowpoints.

he is right... i was having some problems with the factory mags. Were you using hollow point ammo? if so, try to use ball point. see if that changes anything. Also, you might want to try some of the wilson/kimber mags. they have some pretty good ones.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Phil, I looked into the Wilsons and I will be ordering 2 in about 30 seconds. :D

Also, got a chance to go to the range after work today. The gun is a work of perfection. It shot beautifully. Was shooting 230g White boxes and it ate them like candy. The gun just falls right back on target, even after double taps and quick firing. And the recoil is so smooth and light, felt like i was shooting a 9mm instead of a 45. Only thing is...I have to get used to how fast 8 rounds go compared to 12 in the HK haha. All in all, I love this gun! :D

Top Bottom