New XDm Released today!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If that is the case, then I agree. Why make the barrel smaller and leave frame hight the same. That was absolutely pointless. I can stick a 7" barrel down my pants, it is what hangs out that is important.

Shorter barrel means a quicker draw stroke, but still gives max ammo capacity. Similar to a commander length 1911.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Shorter barrel means a quicker draw stroke, but still gives max ammo capacity. Similar to a commander length 1911.

yes, but according to their website, it was done to make it more concealable. I was going to quote it, but it seems their website can't take all the traffic it is seeing right now, it is down.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They should have reduced the receiver height also. Shooter barrel needs shorter receiver to conceal better.

Exactly. This is just an all around dumb, pointless pistol IMO. I love my XDm and would love one that's more concealable. It has NOTHING to do with the length of the slide though, it's the humongous grip that's the issue. Stupid move Springfield!

That said, I'm sure they'll sell boatloads of em.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Acording to the dimensions on their website this new M is the same size as the Sig I conceal regularly with no problem. It is also as claimed by springfield roughly the same size as the XD service.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    On paper the XDm's dimensions aren't bad, but there's just something about it (primarily the grip length/shape) that makes it hard to conceal. I'm not saying there isn't a million people out there concealing them with no problem, I'm saying that if Springfield's goal was a more concealable pistol, they chopped off the wrong end.

The 3.8" barrel is a good size, if they could've also chopped ~3/4" off the grip and still held 15 or 16 rounds I woulda been all over it.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    ive carried an xd sub compact, xd service, and and xdm. none of which are that bad. the biggest pprobelm with the xdm is the barrel poking you in the arse. ive never printed with any of them.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    On paper the XDm's dimensions aren't bad, but there's just something about it (primarily the grip length/shape) that makes it hard to conceal. I'm not saying there isn't a million people out there concealing them with no problem, I'm saying that if Springfield's goal was a more concealable pistol, they chopped off the wrong end.

The 3.8" barrel is a good size, if they could've also chopped ~3/4" off the grip and still held 15 or 16 rounds I woulda been all over it.

Agreed. idk what it is... its not a "bulky" pistol by no means... but it doesn't seem like you could conceal it comfortably

I like the sound of this but I don't like the idea of owning two XDm9s. if I like it enough I may sell my all black XDm and get the bi-tone. if they release SS/OD green I'd be very very tempted.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Don't get me wrong guys I completely understand where you are coming from, just sayin' its really not that bad. I also put my wife’s XD-9sc on top of my sig last night and there isn’t a whole lot of difference there ether with the short mag it knocks maybe an inch off the grip.

Ether way it comes down to personal preference, to me its a sweet weapon that I will patiently wait to purchase.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    ive carried an xd sub compact, xd service, and and xdm. none of which are that bad. the biggest pprobelm with the xdm is the barrel poking you in the arse. ive never printed with any of them.

You could carry a Barrett .50 without printing. And if I'm not mistaken, I thought you liked getting poked in the arse. :)

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I carried my xdm a couple of times, and constant poking is what bothered me, not the grip. I rarely carry anything other than my pf9 anyway.. But I am really considering picking this pistol up.

Top Bottom