New York City Slated to Pass Bill Allowing Non-Citizens to Vote

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    So people convicted of certain crimes and paid their debt to society and then release can't vote. But a non citizen can. This one takes the cake.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    As a non citizen I can see both the good sides and bad sides to this. The good side is people who aren't citizens, but legal permanent residents like myself can then vote, and hopefully contribute to making this country better. The bad side is it'll probably be aimed at the non citizens that will help keep them in control.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    As a non citizen I can see both the good sides and bad sides to this. The good side is people who aren't citizens, but legal permanent residents like myself can then vote, and hopefully contribute to making this country better. The bad side is it'll probably be aimed at the non citizens that will help keep them in control.

I'm sorry bro, but you as a non citizen haven't earned the privilege to tell us how to live our lives. You were not fortunate enough to be born in the US, and you don't receive the same birthright. American men have fought and bled and died for that right, unlike the other British colonies (possible exception of India). We earned that right, and we're not supposed to be giving out to just anyone.

To be a citizen is a powerful thing, and granted, quite a few squander and waste it, because they were born with it and don't understand it's value. Many of us, though, Don't waste it, and would never support giving the power of voting to those who haven't earned their citizenship in our country.

I don't mean to ruffle your feathers, but the fact is you're Not an American until we say you are, and you don't get to tell our government how to operate.

Last edited:

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I can't go to Mexico, Australia, France, China and hundreds of other countries as a non citizen and vote which is wielding power to initiate a change or induce no change at all and believe that's exactly how it should be here. We are giving non-citizens more advantages than the tax paying citizens. I mean no disrespect to the previous poster but unless you are a full citizen of the US as per the laws of the land, then you have not earned the right to vote.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

I believe that is why we have naturalized citizenship.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    I'm sorry bro, but you as a non citizen haven't earned the privilege to tell us how to live our lives. You were not fortunate enough to be born in the US, and you don't receive the same birthright. American men have fought and bled and died for that right, unlike the other British colonies (possible exception of India). We earned that right, and we're not supposed to be giving out to just anyone.

To be a citizen is a powerful thing, and granted, quite a few squander and waste it, because they were born with it and don't understand it's value. Many of us, though, Don't waste it, and would never support giving the power of voting to those who haven't earned their citizenship in our country.

I don't mean to ruffle your feathers, but the fact is you're Not an American until we say you are, and you don't get to tell our government how to operate.

No feathers ruffled. That's exactly why I said I can see both sides. Personally, I know I'd vote for whatever's best for this country. Unfortunately the people they'd target wouldn't be those of us that have spent thousands of dollars to be able to live and work here legally. And i see exactly where everyone else is coming from. Doesn't matter either way though. They'll do whatever they can to further their agenda.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Silly me and I thought it was federal law that said a non citizen could not vote.

Not 100% sure but I think it is. I know when going through the green card process I was told I have most of the same rights as a citizen, but voting isn't 1 of them. Unsure if that's a Federal thing or LA thing though.

Top Bottom