New York Cops Strike Again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...x_bodega_34lCyvrg2IyzvA1HP913XI#ixzz25o8r6ei5

Innocent bodega worker shot and killed by cop responding to armed robbery

Last Updated: 1:32 PM, September 7, 2012

Reynaldo Cuevas was shot and killed by police after three thugs attempted to rob the Bronx bodega.

A Bronx bodega worker was fatally shot by cops this morning as he bolted from the store to escape from thugs who were holding up the place, witnesses and sources said.

“The store was being robbed and police responded and shot a worker by mistake,” said a law enforcement source.

The mayhem began around 2 a.m. as Reynaldo Cuevas, 20, and another worker were inside the Aneurys Deli Grocery, formally the Nathalie Deli Grocery, on Franklin Avenue and three armed men got behind the store’s safety glass, the sources said.

The victim's cousin, Jose Garcia, 27, said he watched the terrifying scene unfold standing across the street.

A customer noticed that a man behind the glass was not the normal employee — and then saw the store’s manager being held at gunpoint on the floor, said the victim’s cousin, Jose Garcia.

The customer ran across the street and called 911.

The masked gunman, Orlando Ramos, 31, kept the store’s employees on the floor with a .32-caliber handgun while his accomplices, Ernesto Delgado, 28, and Christopher Dorsey, 17, looted the place, grabbing Newport cigarettes, scratch-off tickets and $700 from the register, sources said.

Four cops from PSA 7 and the 42nd Precinct arrived soon after and peered in the door to the deli.

Friends at the scene react to the fatal shooting of Reynaldo Cuevas.

Ramos saw the cops and yelled, "Policia, policia, policia!" before he and Delgado fled to the back of the bodega, leaving their unarmed accomplice, Dorsey, in the front.

The manager and Cuevas, seeing that they no longer had a gun trained on them, escaped their teen captor, who decided to turn himself in.

As he ran out, Cuevas stumbled and bumped into a cop who had his gun out, law enforcement sources said.

He was shot dead.

Cops believe the gun accidentally discharged, sources said.

“He didn’t have his hands up," said Garcia. "He fell to the ground and the cops grabbed him by the arm and dragged him on the street.”

An officer responding to the armed robbery was injured after being struck by an SUV.

The other two thugs remained holed-up in the bodega until 5:30 am, when Delgado turned himself in, telling cops that he was actually a victim in the scheme.

ESU went in to arrest Ramos, and found him tied up with yellow rope -- likely part of ruse to deceive cops, sources said.

Cuevas was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital, where he died. The officer who fired his weapon was taken to Jacobi Hospital for observation.

The bodega’s owner, Cuevas’ uncle Jesus Cuevas, was not at the store at the time.

A police vehicle responding to the situation was struck by a SUV a few blocks away. The officer had serious — but not life-threatening — injuries.

All three alleged perps have criminal records, sources said.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Wow. If they keep this up they'll be replaced by bobbies.

They cant have him!

tumblr_lnxcgfp22p1qig6iso1_400.jpg

biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    I don't see how the gun could go off accidentally... New York cops have about a 14 pound trigger pull on their firearms. It is kinda hard to pull 14 pounds accidentally.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I don't usually cry foul on these types of articles. But I'll bet my puppy that gun went off deliberately.

I'll bet my puppy and raise you one that he is a Democrat! And, We all know that Democrats don't lie...........Because Bill Clinton said so, thats why!! :bowrofl:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I don't see how the gun could go off accidentally... New York cops have about a 14 pound trigger pull on their firearms. It is kinda hard to pull 14 pounds accidentally.

Not in this case but i could see poor trigger discipline, being bum rushed and falling down under the weight of another person... I can see that happen with any trigger.

However. No way in hell are they going to admit he shot a civilian intentionally. And I suppose they're not lying exactly. It was an accident. But my AD and their AD must be two separate beasts.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Hmm. Between this and the street shooting a couple of weeks ago, seems the smart move for innocent bystanders in NY is to hire the bad guys for protection from the NYPD.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    How many NYPD officers are out there 34500 ish? Seems like could be more then likely a dumb nuts slips through every bit of training. Suprised the whole place hasn't burnt to the ground yet. They are doing a great job.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I'm sure no one wanted it to end this way. A bad situation all around. The officer will have a heavy burden to bear. At least they caught the BGs.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom