Newish from Hammond

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Hammond
    I haven't posted here in a very long time so I'm back and hope to contribute more.

I am about to retire and would like to participate in long range shooting. I have a CMP "Special" Garand and would like to shoot iron sights and John Garand matches. I am also building a .308 AR style rifle from an 80% receiver up. That will be a work in progress for a while. I also am well versed in handgun having been shooting since the mid 70's. I carry a Glock 26 with a Vortex Venom red dot (old eyes, you know) a great sight for the money.

Anyway that sums up some of my interests in shooting. I will be in the reloading section asking questions as I have started reloading rifle recently so I can work up loads other than the military rounds I now shoot (M855 for the AR's, Greek surplus for my Garand and whatever I can get for my Sig 556R)

See you later.

Shadeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Hammond
    Hey Shadeaux. I'm in Hammond. See if the FN 855 is still available. 30 cents per round shipped and it's better than lake city

Cheaper Than Dirt had a special last week for NATO M855 manufactured in Lithuania by GGG. $250 shipped. with code EM5KTH1.
    It has the NATO cross and stated velocity is 3000 fps. Comes packed in a new 50 cal can. Nice looking ammo. Will run a few through my MagnetoSpeed Chornograph next week. I just checked and they are out of stock

Where was the FN?

I see the M855 is still hovering between $350 and $400+ plus shipping everywhere. Thanks Obama! Glad I stocked up well before.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    babcf828d647d6b4235c37009279d480.jpg
    4e4f1124ff472e8e1ede6eddcf3d3425.jpg
    143f38d44d150a2e2cdf3fd0cfb2c4db.jpg

Shadeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Hammond
    Magdump,

Looks exactly like what I bought for $62 cheaper. I'll take it out and see how it compares to the LC I have hoarded. I will spread it around and see if other like minded shooters would be interested. Looks like the price is coming down somewhat. That's good news.

Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom