NFA Tax Stamp approved!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fat Andy

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    Well, my adventurous journey has finally come to an end. After many weeks of preparation I have finally received my NFA Tax Stamp to complete my short barrel rifle!

I submitted my application via eForms on February 2nd, and received the Tax Stamp via email today, about 60 days from file to stamp. Of course my preparation went on for weeks beforehand.

At this time I would like to give thanks for those who here who helped me through the process. Everyone who told me to use an NFA Trust, thank you. It was well worth it and as easy as everyone said. I'd recommend anyone new to NFA items definitely make a trust.

I would like to thank JCcypress for establishing my NFA trust. He made the entire process easy to understand, fast and effective, and all for a very reasonable price. If you're looking to make an NFA trust, I would definitely go to this guy. You won't second guess the decision. He knows what he is doing without any hesitation, and was quick to answer any questions I had with the utmost respect and clarity.

Also would like to thank Request Dust Off for a very fine engraving job he did on my receiver. My wife and I enjoyed talking to you and appreciated you accommodating us so easily. Anyone needing engraving, this guy knows what he's doing. He's got a professional set up and very quick. And of course, you can't beat his price! His work is worth double what he asks in my opinion.

To everyone else who guided me along the way, and made suggestions I sincerely thank you all. I can't wait to go out and have fun with my SBR. My only fear is that I feel now I've contracted the NFA bug. I'm already eyeing some suppressors!

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Congrats. Definitely need a silencer to finish out the SBR. It's only the beginning I see many NFA items in your future haha.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Also would like to thank Request Dust Off for a very fine engraving job he did on my receiver. My wife and I enjoyed talking to you and appreciated you accommodating us so easily. Anyone needing engraving, this guy knows what he's doing. He's got a professional set up and very quick. And of course, you can't beat his price! His work is worth double what he asks in my opinion.

Right on with this! Such a great guy to talk to. I may be seeing him this weekend actually.

Jcypress, I sent your contact info to a guy here in Lake Charles intrested in a trust. You may be hearing from him.

Fat Andy

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    So I was doing a more detailed look over of my form, and they have my phone number incorrect!

The NFA office is closed for the day so I'll call them in the morning. But is my tax stamp still valid or not good due to this error?

HPmatt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2015
    Dallas
    This looks like the road I am on too. NFA trusts are state specific so in process of tracking down atty in Dallas to get it done for SBR. Then suppressor....just give a mouse a cookie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpringPro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    I got one back Approved yesterday and another one the day before yesterday. Both were submitted on 2/3/15 and both where for SBR's. On of them was DISAPPROVED because the model had "multi" in it. I emailed one of the examiners and told them that I submitted a new Form 1 with the correction made and gave him the control numbers for both. It was approved by noon the next day.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Got back 2 stamps for cans today!

Checks were cashed 1/12.

If it keeps going this briskly, I will have 3 more stamps back in the next 30 days! woot!

Top Bottom