NFA Trust

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    I've been thinking about it as well. I emailed Mark Garber and talked to him over the phone but he hasn't followed up. It's been several weeks. Someone else on this forum or silencertalk recommended Allison and Allison in Houma. I think I will PM for MouthPiece, whoever he may be. ;) Garber wanted 600 clams.

somo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Lake Charles, La
    Is a trust the best way to go? I do have a LLC. I dont think individuals can obtain a class III in calcasieu parish.
    Its up to the sheriff.

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    I've been thinking about it as well. I emailed Mark Garber and talked to him over the phone but he hasn't followed up. It's been several weeks. Someone else on this forum or silencertalk recommended Allison and Allison in Houma. I think I will PM for MouthPiece, whoever he may be. ;) Garber wanted 600 clams.

A customer of mine told me that Allison is now in league with NFA lawyer dot com, or whatever it's called, and he's in the $600 club now also. I'd call Mouthpiece.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Roxson Welch in Zachary, La. Just did mine. I got the "Kin folks" deal. Everything went smooth. I think she said that she would do the "Trusts" for $600 also. If you were closer to that area I and want her to do it for you then shoot me a PM and I'll get her contact info to you.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Can non-NFA guns be transferred into a trust to prevent them from being community property?

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    Is a trust the best way to go? I do have a LLC. I dont think individuals can obtain a class III in calcasieu parish.
    Its up to the sheriff.

all you need is the articles of declaration page to complete the form... screw the parish and sheriff's office...

Walterg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Mouthpiece did a Trust for me as well within the last two months. I would highly recommend him!

Now if the state could just send me my approved paperwork!

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Can non-NFA guns be transferred into a trust to prevent them from being community property?

I asked about this as well. I was told no. Non-NFA items should not be part of a NFA trust. Your "normal" firearms should be handled in a different sort of trust by an accountant or tax attorney.

Take that for what it's worth...please seek opinions from people better educated in this topic than myself. My legal advice should be taken with a bag of salt.

Top Bottom