NIB m11/9 search

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trey504

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    NOLA
    Looking at trying to find a NIB m11/9. Has anyone had any good experience with having a class3 dealer find a subgun ... or will I have to find one myself?

How much should I expect to pay for the transfer?

Should I get a Mag Well conversion?

I have already added myself to the lage waiting list is there anything else I should expect to have to buy?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Check out the classifieds on www.subguns.com and www.sturmgewehr.com for some current prices. I do know if it's a nib mac, you are going to need to change the recoil buffer, as the original is going to be at least 25 years old+ and probably dryrotted. Lots of guys change the stocks as well, as the factory one is not that good.
    $100 for the transfer is about the going price in our area.

I've been told by a member here with a MAC that he wouldn't do the magwell conversion, something about cutting and welding that expensive lower.
    there is a company now that makes pretty affordable M11 mags now, don't recall their name offhand, but I will update this when I get home. They have an ad in some magazines.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Around 3500.00 and up for a NIB m-11. Still many NIB around sometimes more depending on the make. but if you are going for the slowfire upper anyway not really any point in getting a NIB mac. any old mac will do:zombie:

usp45ss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    No real need for the NIB one. It will need at least a new buffer. There's a chance it might not even run. Most of the NIB guns are '86 guns anyway. In '86 SWD was in a hurry to get as many M11's made as possible before the ban took affect. Quality suffered on a lot of the later guns. In case you are wondering how to find out when one was made, the first 2 numbers in the serial number are the year it was made.

I had a NIB M11 awhile back. Although it was an '86 gun, I had zero problems out of it.

If you plan on gettting all of the Lage goodies (and you should), all you really need is a lower in decent shape that works. I wouldn't bother with a mag conversion. Don't really need it.

You should spend a little time in the Mac forum on uzitalk. A lot of good info over there.

Top Bottom