Nice damascus daily user alsmost finished

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Finishing this one up this week then will be doing the sheath. Tried a recommendation by a fellow knife maker to use permalyn gun coat to protect the wood. Came out super nice. Normaly I do liners and file work and other things to spruce up a knife but sometimes beautiful materials with nice lines don't need to be over done.

Damascus steel, mosaic pins, and stabalized maple burl

IMG_0441.jpg

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Thanks for the comments guys. Trying to figure out a sheath design that will meet the customers demands and add to the knife. Got a new grinder coming in which should speed things up alot when making knives.It cost a bit but I really enjoy making them so should be worth it considering it can take weeks to several months to make a knife depending on back up of orders etc. Ill try to keep my website up to date with pics of projects. Like most people there doesn't seem to be enough time during the day lol.

William Bishop

www.bishopcustomknives.com

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Kydex? :)

I'm thinking leather dyed in a similar color to match the handle. Lots of stamp work in a wave pattern? Small random marks. Circles maybe? Not a basket weave.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Kydex? :)

I'm thinking leather dyed in a similar color to match the handle. Lots of stamp work in a wave pattern? Small random marks. Circles maybe? Not a basket weave.
    Well he wants a leather sheath that looks "rugged" which in my opinion is gonna be a challenge since the knife gets its beauty from the beautiful materials and simple lines and elegence. Im sure I can work something out just got to draw and think of a few designs and test some things out.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Frank Ive seen some of your work in person and trust me Im no where near that lvl. In fact Seeing some of your work makes me wanna try a coffin handle dagger.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Actually the main reason I like it is so when your sharpening gives you a nice start stop point and you dont accidently hit the wood or grind too much of the blade. That pic is also a bad one it is actually a perfect half circle and not a small nick like it looks like.

Last edited:

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Well decided to go very simple and clean for the sheath just like the knife. Really focused on a very very nice finish. Edges burnished, dye nice and smooth (no streaks), etc etc. What yall think? Its 8 oz leather with a mahogany dye and still needs to have some mink or neatsfoot oil applied to water proof it and give it a slight sheen.

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Well I got a deal on the damascus from a blacksmith buddy who was originally going to make a 10" bowie but decided to make a skinner instead and had basically cut his long bar in 2 and sold me the other half very cheap. I don't want to say the price out oud but if you want pm me and Ill be glad to say there.

Top Bottom