Nice little pick up this morning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So I picked up this little Marlin 60 this morning from a fellow BS member.. He wasn't kidding when he said the rifle has seen better days.... After thinking about it, I figured, people take rustoleum to their $1000+ AR's, so why not do it with a $80 dollar .22 rifle that's 30 years old.... So I Went and bought some sandpaper and other items, and started sanding it down to get rid of the surface rust. I'll post some updated pics once it's done... I decided to do it flat black and put some green in there somehow (haven't decided how yet)...I'm no gunsmith and it by far will not be perfect, but it'll surely be good enough to teach my 10yr old son how to shoot with...

any opinions on a pattern or method to apply some green (dark foliage green) would be appreciated....

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      249.4 KB · Views: 141
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      268.3 KB · Views: 136
    Last edited:

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    thanks... I wanted the green to come out a little more, but now that its cleared and done, I'm kind of liking how the green fades in and out from me varying the distance of the rattle can... I just wish i could get a better picture of it. That pic doesn't show the pattern as well as I'd like it to.

Last edited:

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Ok. So it's got a basic little scope on it... For punching paper at 20-30yds, it should work fine... When I tightened down the threads mounting it, I put blue loctite on it, since it's not a great scope.. Hopefully that will help hold it true.... At least a little bit... So my $100 dollar Marlin 60 project is done... Yay... New rifle...

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      239.9 KB · Views: 98

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Ok. So it's got a basic little scope on it... For punching paper at 20-30yds, it should work fine... When I tightened down the threads mounting it, I put blue loctite on it, since it's not a great scope.. Hopefully that will help hold it true.... At least a little bit... So my $100 dollar Marlin 60 project is done... Yay... New rifle...

You'd be surprised. I picked up a cheap Bushnell 4x scope with grooved rings at walmart about 4 years ago for my Mossberg budget semi auto .22LR rifle. It was sealed in that all plastic clear packing/nobox. Still works great, even at 100 yards. That scope might have been $25.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Great job. Really polished up a turd as a buddy would say, betcha she shoots just fine. There are some cheap improvements that can make her shoot better too. Google Fu experiment gun, lotsa fun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom