Nice suprise

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Ive been working on a kitchen knife design of mine a little tweaking some small things and working on pin placement and trying out different steels. Well had one finished and was thinking about the handles. Had a piece of scrap stabalized Hawaiin Koa that looked weird

Got the nice wavyy effect I like going side ways but also has some weird dark streak. Decided to slice some handle slabs and see what it looks like anyway

photo-1.jpg

A little shaping and sanding and bam! I lucked out. While not perfect its still pretty nice!

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Now to move to the next one. Same blade profile but 3 pins instead of 2 and this one is 440c stainless. The other was ATS 34. They both recently came back from heat treatment and both were tested at 59 rc hardness. Ill test a few more things and finish this next one up hopefully sometime this week!

photo1.jpg

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    You can read the basics online then its just lots of practice I guess. My first knives were no where near what they are today. Just try to make each better then the last! Doesn't hurt to have good equipment either.

Top Bottom