Nick Mathews holsters???????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I was recently looking for an IWB holster for my new purchase SA LW Champion Operator, being a 4" 1911 with a rail there are not many companies out in the market who make a holster for it.

I contacted Comp-Tac and aparently at some point they made a "slide" version which allowed for the 4"Operator to be used in a holster made for the 5" version but they no longer carry it so that was out the question.

I contacted Cross-Breed and they did offer one but they had a 4 week waiting period so I moved on as well.

I started looking at leather holsters and only a very few people had a railed 1911 version and I read super good reviews about Nick Mathews Holsters.

I decided to give him a chance and went ahead and ordered one yesterday, I got his version #1 which is black IWB, I also added the reinforcement so I can re holster with 1 hand which tend to be the big issue with leather holsters once they colapse. He contacted me today to let me know he will start cutting leather and shaping on Monday or Tuesday at the latest and that I should receive my holster by Saturday.

All I can say is if this is as good as people claim and pictures show, he will be getting a lot more business from me in the future.

Has anybody used him before???????????????????

m4a34u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    Erath
    How does the Holster look, feel, and run? Please show pics and give us a review.

Thanks,

Bill

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Sorry I forgot this even existed, I apologize for not following through.

Since I posted this I have purchased a total of 6 holsters from NM Holsters, the fit of it is extremely good and his attention to detail is superb. One option that I did ordered was the extra $10 reinforcement which allows you to re holster your weapon using only one hand, the biggest issue with holsters that dont have it specially leather is the fact that they crumble up once you draw since they are not stiff.

I have purchased both the #1 and #2 Holster from him (IWB and OWB) and they are both great, he also burns the edges to make sure it will hold the shape and for years of service.

The holsters are soo thight when brand new that you will be required to stretch the leather for a good fit that will allow you to draw in and out without issues, he recently started also making OWB magazine holsters but I am yet to buy one of those to try. His turn around time is about 15 working days from the time you place the order, he will charge your account (paypal), once he actually cuts the leather and starts to shape and you should receive it within 6 days after.

One feature that I do like is the fact that his IWB holster has been cut to the shape of your slide, this will protect your weapon from body sweat, the handle/grip area has been cut out so you can draw out without any issues, I definelty recommend him if you are looking for a costum leather holster, both of them are VERY comfortable to wear, due to my small frame when carrying the IWB I usually carry at 4 o'clock, when carrying OWB at about 2.5 o clock, thats just what feels comfortable to me.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom