nicks shooting range. is it a good time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    last i heard, long ago, you can just show up and pay to shoot that day right? no membership required? if thats still so, how much to shoot?

i mainly want to shoot steel targets with my .22lr rifles and pistol. is that allowed? can the .22lr brass be picked up with a broom? cause i don't see myself picking hundreds of .22lr brass out of the grass.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    $20 for the day IIRC. They have .22 steel targets there for matches, so I guess they're available to use. The shooting area is concrete and a push broom is available. Nice place, good people.

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    i shoot at nicks all the time! no membership required to shoot but it will cost you 20bux for all day. nick is a good honest guy, paul too. nice little set up, 12 or 13 out door lanes(100yrds), pistol area with steel reactive targets.......and a coke machine haha but the people are likable too...not like most other ranges iv visited...there my "go to guys" for ammo and guns...in short its a great time

Last edited:

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    really? they have good ammo prices? on 9mm and .22lr? do they still rent guns? how much? cause i would love to try the new rossi .22lr/mag revolver rifle.

and it looks like i wanted to post this in the shooting range section but i did it in meets and events lol sorry.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    Nick's is my home range. 14 Lanes 100 yds. I don't think that they rent guns any longer. They have reasonable ammo prices. No membership required. Be prepared to complete some paperwork though if you are a first time attendee. 2 plate racks at about 15 yds.(five 8" plates each rack). Nick, Paul and Chris are great, no ******** kind of guys. While it is a fun place to shoot, safety is what it's all about.

Cajun_arShooter

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Metairie, SeLa
    You can bring your own reactive targets if you have some ,they will let you set them up at about 25 yds. iirc for .22 and I don't believe you "have" to pick up your spent casings , great place to shoot imo.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    Correct, you are not required to pick up your brass. Actually, I encourage you to leave all of your .40 and .45 brass for me to pick up. I can never have enough of those.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom