Nicks Shooting Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mgvsquared

Greenhorn
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Na
    Finally got to shoot my new hi-point 995TS 9mm today at Nick's. Nice little place. I felt safe 100% of the time. Real nice crew over there. More wasps than I really would have cared for but they leave you alone most of the time.

The hi-point performed admirably. Very solid feeling (it's my first rifle so nothing really to compare it to). But I shot 170 rounds, no misfires or jams. I was using Russian ammunition, Herter's International from Cabela's. My buddy brought a Kel-tec .40. He shot off 50 rounds, 1 misfire. I believe he was using S&W.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Ignore the wasp and they ignore you. I agree. Nick and company are very good people.

Wear water proof shoes or boots if it has been raining. Nick's is a real man's range, so if your little tootsies don't like getting wet, stay home and macrame.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I was there between 10 and 12 and it really wasn't that hot to be honest. I mean, it'll depend on the day and cloud cover, but it was definitely sunny.

I asked Nick about either providing air conditioning or extending the range to 200 yards. He said he'd work on extending the range... :)

mikeinlouisiana

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Gonzales
    I made it to Nicks.

I had a good time. It was hot. Did not see any wasp and yeah my feet got wet. :rofl: I been battling a Rem 700 30-06 that I had bought off of Gunbroker. I replaced the trigger, put a HS precsion stock on it, bedded it, had some bolt work done. I still can't get better than 1.5" moa. :( Thinking about bringing it to Geraci.

I bought a Knight KP1 45-70 off this site. I put a Nikon 2.5 -10 x 42 on it and sighted in at 50yds and then went to 100yds. It shoots great but trigger is terrible. Need to find someone to work on that.

I also worked a bit with 25 WSSM in AR-15. I just got my scope back from Leupold had the reticle changed. I still got more work to do with it.

I am glad I went!

Mike

Top Bottom