Night Sights on which Handgun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    Gonna get a night sight for a glock. I have 2 primary Glocks.
    The G22 for the home. The G27 for Concealed carry.

I dont have but one set of night sites, which one do u put it on?

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    both... but I guess the carry gun. Reason being, you can keep a flashlight with your home gun easier than keeping a flashlight everywhere you go. I would consider putting some on both eventually though, I know I will have night sights on every gun I own - after having one set I feel it's the best improvement you can make to any gun.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I would do both but if money is an issue, you can always do what I did on my G30. I just got a front night sight and left the standard rear. For close defense shots, I only use my front sight anyway. I just installed it this morning and took all of 5 minutes. I went with the Ameriglo Green Tritium/Orange LumiNova. Nice and bright for night time and the orange REALLY shows up in the day. You can change out both front sights yourself and it should only cost you about $100 for both plus the $5.00 Glock tool.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I would do both but if money is an issue, you can always do what I did on my G30. I just got a front night sight and left the standard rear. For close defense shots, I only use my front sight anyway. I just installed it this morning and took all of 5 minutes. I went with the Ameriglo Green Tritium/Orange LumiNova. Nice and bright for night time and the orange REALLY shows up in the day. You can change out both front sights yourself and it should only cost you about $100 for both plus the $5.00 Glock tool.

The front sight tool comes with the Ameriglo sights.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    :( Why did I pay extra??? :mad:

Actually, I just bought the front sight so it didnt come with it, but it was only $5.00 and a buddy needed it anyway.

They normally have one in the package if a front sight is in the package. I have a spare if you need one.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    They normally have one in the package if a front sight is in the package. I have a spare if you need one.

Thanks for the offer but I had already ordered it. I got the coupon discount off the AmeriGlo website so I saved enough off the front site to pay for it and shipping.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I am going to have to go against the grain here and say the G22 IMO would be the best choice. I take it unless you work at night that your carry weapon is on you during the day and night sights are a mute point. If the G22 is your home defense weapon then you would be at home at night in the dark and would need them more on that gun.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Gonna get a night sight for a glock. I have 2 primary Glocks.
    The G22 for the home. The G27 for Concealed carry.

I dont have but one set of night sites, which one do u put it on?

The Ameriglo Operator NS with green front and yellow rear were installed on the G27. The G22 will be jealous.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom