Nikon Nikoplex Scopes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tfurn30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    So i'm shopping the scopes for my Rem 700 308. I just got a recommendation today on a Nikon Nikoplex m-308. Very good price on these and seem to be pretty good all around deal out to 600 yds from what i'm being told?? The spot on app seems like it would be very handy. Does anyone have any experience with these scopes and if so have you had any issues?

I just looked it up and the one I looked at is actually called the BDC 800 4-16x42

Last edited:

bman940

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    First of all let me tell you that I do some freelance PR work for Nikon. That being said, I would not tell you a scope will work for your application if I didn't believe it would. I have the M-308 mounted on my Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC in .308. Great rifle, incredibly accurate right out of the box and the M-308 is right at home on top. This scope is very clear and lets me get up close and make accurate shots on target. I have hit soda cans at 600 yards using this scope with the BDC reticle. I chose the BDC reticle because it let's me dial in my rifle, scope and ammo for the best possible longrange accuracy. I use this rifle for hunting and it also lets me make fast and accurate shots. I know you are looking at the M-308 and it dialed in for the .308 round but let me make a suggestion, check out Nikon's MONARCH 3 4-16x42 scope. It is also one heck of an optic, you can get it on PROMO right now with the BDC reticle from an Authorize Nikon Dealer. Surely one of Bayou Shooter's site Sponsor's is an Authorized Dealer that will get you $80 off at check out. Drop me a note if you have any question's. Here's a pic of a MONARCH 3 4-16 I had access to a while ago, I have since bought one for my .300 Win.. If you want to see a pic of what the M-308 looks like on my Rem. drop me a note.

MONARCH34-16.jpg

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    scope

image.jpg

I have a Nikon monark 4-16x42 mil-dot,on a Remington 700 sps tactical, got it cause I got a great deal on it, it is a great scope!!! crystal clear and has held less than 1 moa at 100yrds for prob 200 rounds so far. I wanted the m-308 but got a better deal on this scope and I don't know if it matters to you but I don't believe the m-308 has windage hash marks in the scope, as the mill dot does, and I never really liked the idea of having open turrets, I have seen people showing off there guns and the first thing they do is crank down on the knobs, I don't know why but unless you can put it back you have to re- zero, but if that's not a issue then im sure that wouldn't bother you. and you can still use the spot on format for the mildot scope for any size ammo, the only other diff I have seen on my buddys scope is that he has a lot more hash's for elevation in the scope and it goes out to 800yrds with a 100 yrd zero, as where mine with a 100 yrd zero only has enough mildots for 500 yards, but you can change your zero or just hold over on last mildot and make adjustments with elevation clicks, but I don't plan on shooting much over 400 yards so its not a issue for mine, either way you cant go wrong with a Nikon!!! good luck

Doug76

Road Warrior
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Southshore
    My preference is to get the most performance for the lowest price. Not made of money, ya know?
    But Nikon is the brand of scope I use, and the Prostaff's are my choice. I've got one on all 7 rifles I own.
    My Ruger American's (.308 & .243) both sport the 3-9x40 Prostaff, and I am very pleased with them.
    As an amateur astronomer, I know good optics, and the Prostaff's do the job, at a price I can live with.
    But I'm only a casual target shooter. My main use is hunting, and I've never found myself needing all the extras on my scopes. YMMV.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I don't like Nikon's cameras, but I'm a fan of their scopes. Put a Prostaff 3-9x40 on my CVA 35 whelen which is NOT an easy-recoiling cartridge, sighted it in and made 7 or 8 weekend hunts in 2013/14 with no shots, including dragging/crawling with the gun through a freaking jungle tracking a dear for my buddy. 2014/15 season I didn't touch or shoot it, 1 hour into the only hunt I was going to make I got a buck at 100yds, scope was as dead on as it was over a year prior when I last shot it.

Damn good performance for the $150 it cost. I'd put a Nikon on my Savage 308 for more precision shooting but all the ninjas say you've gotta get a first focal plane scope that costs at least $800 or else your shots will all miss. Don't know what to believe!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Just a suggestion, I would call interstate guns (site sponsor) before ordering anywhere, he beat any price I found by far, and he shipped it to my door.

Top Bottom