Nissan Frontier Nismo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I have a brand spanking new baby and I need a vehical with more room and would be more family friendly . Looking at a 2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo . The vehical I have now is a 2006 Pontiac GTO . I love that car , really do , bought it when i got back from Iraq . Im conflicted however , i know i will regret it and most likely will never own a muscle car again , well until i retire . So does anybody have expirience with these and would this be the wisest decision ? Dont care much about gas considering they may be around the same anyway .

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I had an 08 Frontier Crew Cab, that I bought new in Dec of 2007. I had one minor problem with it that the warranty covered in 80,000 miles. I just traded it for a BMW, since I spend a lot of time on the interstate now and wanted better gas mileage.

Gas mileage, you will get 15-17 city and 18-20 on the interstate if you keep it under 80. Mine was the 2wd SV Frontier, not a Nismo.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    As a new dad and a 2006 GTO owner myself. I can tell you it is possible to get a baby seat in the back. A pain in the ass? Most definitely. I got a good deal on a Ford 500. And that thing has so much room its ridiculous. I put a coffee table in the trunk with zero problems. A big car with a full size back seat has made baby life much easier. Granted I still want a truck. Just take into account the ease of the baby seat. Maybe bring it with you to a dealership and try installing it. See if you need to move the front seats up and what not.

Side note: Are you the Torrid Red with tint I've seen driving around Denham?

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    I have a 2007 Nissan Frontier NISMO, bought new off the lot in DeRidder September 2007. Had issues for three months with a sensor in the rear differential after the 5th repair they replaced the entire axel. When I went in for repair #5, I told them if it failed again they can have the keys back and give me a full refund i.a.w LA Lemon law.
    No mechanical issues since. The new issue that started a month after the warranty on the paint ran out: The pain in the upper left corner of the tail gate started flaking off down to the bare metal. About a 3 inch bare spot. Then a few month latter the paint on the sides of the windshield and top of the cab started doing the same thing. Now the right side of the windshield is almost completely striped of paint. 171 Nissan DeRidder gave me the run around, sand it was because I have been washing the truck improperly and then sent me to Lake Charles Nissan. The body shop manager said that he had done a repair for another guy a few months prior with the exact same problem. That I had done nothing wrong and it is a defect in Nissan White Paint. I am out of warranty and out of luck unless I want to fork over the $$$$ get the truck repainted.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    While im in Denham , Im the Quicksilver with nice loud exhaust and slight tint .I do need to repair a few little things here and there and u know how bad the rear suspension can sag .So I havent driven it as much lately. R u on Ls2gto.com ? Also one thing i have heard about the Frontiers is the paint issue but i dont know if its a rare thing or a common occurance .

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Are you selling the GTO?
    Im debating on it , and weighing my options . If I do end up keeping it , i see repairs and more performance mods in the future for it . Yea for wasting money . If not i prefer to sell it to stealership for a few reasons .

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    While im in Denham , Im the Quicksilver with nice loud exhaust and slight tint .I do need to repair a few little things here and there and u know how bad the rear suspension can sag .So I havent driven it as much lately. R u on Ls2gto.com ? Also one thing i have heard about the Frontiers is the paint issue but i dont know if its a rare thing or a common occurance .

is that the one that used to have some spray installed that dynoed really low but ran great 1/4 mile times? Coleman had a hand in it?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Im debating on it , and weighing my options . If I do end up keeping it , i see repairs and more performance mods in the future for it . Yea for wasting money . If not i prefer to sell it to stealership for a few reasons .

Same thing I did with my WS6. I didn't want that POS coming back on me, lol

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    is that the one that used to have some spray installed that dynoed really low but ran great 1/4 mile times? Coleman had a hand in it?
    Nope , wasnt me , I only have longtube headers , catback and CAI .
    he can get a sport packaged g8 gt for under $25k... its a wonderful car and basically a 4 door version of the gto..
    I have thought about the G8 Gt aswell . But i miss being higher off the ground . 4x4 stuff . And the option of moving stuff . However ALL my friends are telling me to keep the GOAT .
    I didn't want that POS coming back on me, lol
    Thats the thing , the car runs like a champ , but I have had the weirdest stuff just go wrong with it . When crossing the causeway the inner wheel well liner fell off on the rear driver side . Tire put a hole right through it . With my longtubes , i went over a wicked speed bump , slowly mind you and slammed down pretty hard on the otherside . I only have my mid pipes bracketed and it caught on the speed bump , i didnt know it at the time . When i drove forward it ripped my whole catback off . As seen here for your entertainment .
    IMAG0038.jpg
    [/IMG]
    And I have no idea how it happened , but my K/N air filter shrank , yup shrank , cant fit it on anymore , even shaved around the inside but no luck . It is duck taped on right now , As u can see here . It like God telling me that every mod will **** me of and steal my peace of mind . And the funny thing is everything was actually installed correctly .
    Lizzie142.jpg
    [/IMG]

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    nope Im not on ls2GTO.com I lurk there sometimes when I have a question, but only have time for one forum. If you decide to keep it we should get the BR GOAT people together. I know there's a few more local and a couple on this board.

ps. Im the torrid red with dark tint and factory 18's.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benh
    Top Bottom