NO FMJ Ammo?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    I was at Honey Island yesterday. We were shooting our AR-15's along with about seven other people next to us shooting their AR's. :bravo::bravo:
    The only request made to us was that we would pick up our casings to help the workers out.
    I will never ever go down the ole nasty dirt road to Tallow Creek again! :mad:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The only downside to Honey Island is the walk from the parking lot. My first time out I had no idea and brought my AK, AR, three pistols, 6 mags for each and about 1000 rounds of ammo (my range bag is my pseudo BOB so it's always stocked). I barely made it. :rofl:

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I was at Honey Island yesterday. We were shooting our AR-15's along with about seven other people next to us shooting their AR's. :bravo::bravo:
    The only request made to us was that we would pick up our casings to help the workers out.
    I will never ever go down the ole nasty dirt road to Tallow Creek again! :mad:

Yeah, I'd never been to Tallow before or even heard about it & now I'll never go back there. Haha, even though I never made it out of the car the last time.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Buddy tried to talk me into going over to Tallow Creek. He told me beforehand that they did not allow FMJ.

Is that on the pistol line or also outdoor rifle? he said both.
    No thanks I am not going to deal with that stupidity.

Last edited:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The only thing that place is good for is if you live in the neighborhood and need to either zero in a rifle or check your zero before you go hunting AND you don't have time to go somewhere better.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Anyone willing to drive a bit should also check out the southern shooting center in Thibodaux

300 yard rifle range, 25 yard individual pistol bays, two story trap house, elevated bow house... nice place.

a bit on the expensive side as it is 20 bucks for the first two hours... but all in all a nice range.

CaptWSims

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Mandeville, LA
    I shoot at Tallow Creek regularly. Mike (the owner) and his Dad and Lonnie are nice folks.

Lonnie did check my ammo the first time he was RO for me, but hasn't since. I do shoot only SPs there.

I go because it is about 15 minutes vs. 45 minutes to BZ or Honey Island. And like another poster, I only go during the week.

My only complaint is that the shooting points are set up for sighting in hunting rifles with scopes, and therefore all have benches. I can shoot off-hand only from shooting point #1, and cannot shoot prone if anyone else is on the range.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom